Meadowbrook Project

GCastle50

Hey y'all, I decided to create this thread to show the progress of my 1950 Meadowbrook restoration. I've worked on the car for almost 2 years now but I only recently found out about this website (which I'm glad I did). This is my first project so I'm probably going to be asking a lot of questions which would probably seem like common sense to a lot of you but I would greatly appreciate the help. 

IMG_1730.jpg

WP_20161029_011.jpg

• Like 2

This is what the engine bay looked like when I bought the car but I have since painted it and am currently rebuilding the engine. I hope to upload more pictures but I am having some problems with the size of the files. 

WP_20161029_010.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome!  I'm lovin' your car.  This is the best and most helpful site you will find to ask questions.  Lots of knowledgeable people here.  I have a 51 Meadowbrook myself, and just had the engine rebuilt last year.  

Welcome. This is a great spot. You are fortunate to have found it. 

Please excuse my ignorance but what’s that big assembly in the top left of your firewall? Looks like a vacuum diaphram maybe? For what vacuum wipers? 

Welcome to the Forum!  You'll find all the sage advise (and some humor) you can stand here, we're all more than willing to share what we know to keep these cars on the road.  I would recommend that doing a search for what you're looking for first will save you a little grief.  Do you know any of the background of your car?  It looks relatively unmolested and in awful good shape for a south Texas car.  I lived in Mercedes through my Freshman year of HS, my Dad and Step-mom lived in Weslaco for a few years.  Then I was stationed in Brownsville from '86 to '90, I don't recall very many native survivors down there.  (I'm interested in what that vacuum thingy is, too.)

Edited by Dan Hiebert

Yes, It is a brake booster. I'm not sure where it came from as the person i bought it from didn't know too much about the car because he had acquired it from his brother who had bought it from someone else back in the 80s or 90s.

@Dan Hiebert 

I don't know very much at all except that the owner's brother bought it in Houston and brought it down here. It is in surprisingly good shape and I would venture to say it's probably more than 80% stock. The vacuum thing is a brake booster but I'm not sure exactly how rare or odd it is to have one ?

I almost forgot, I need to remove the valves as well but I need to find a valve spring compressor. Does anyone know stores that stock them either

in-store or online?