49 or 50

Jj1981

Being a flathead truck guy I don’t know much about the car side. The other day while training at a junkyard  we had a break I went exploring.  Came across a 49 or 50 I believe coupe dodge. Lots of good chrome and the motor looked complete oil looked good air filter still had oil in it let me know if you are looking for this type of vehicle thanks

• Like 1

Next to last trip to the modern u-pull there was a Plymouth coupe in the "classic" section. 40? 41?  (see edit) There wasn't much left on it. I did not have a wire brush to de-rust to check the engine #.  Looked on the pillar for a S/N, but being a 48/50/51 guy, I looked on the left pillar. Forgot that earlier may be on the right.

No camera with me.

(EDIT: turns out it was a P-15. Also it was not a coupe? I blame it on the heat, a senior moment, and being in a rush. As I approached it this time, the 1st thing that I spotted was there was an outside door lock on the driver's side. Looked again, and there were 4 doors. My thought of an earlier coupe was because I saw the remains of a spot for running boards. That was just aged out rockers. Not much left. Outside handles there. All inside handles gone.The dash was stripped except for a starter switch that looked like it had seen better days. I did not even push it to see if it stuck in. You could see the firewall through all the empty spaces in the dash.)

The cord on my phone does not reach that far☹️

Edited by _shel_ny
correct some info

Hey Plymouthy.........at least you have a phone.............I'll say Hi to Barney & Fred when I see them next........lol........Andy "The Luddite" Douglas 

Edited by Andydodge

Dear she'll ny where is the pick n pull with a classic section, ours in Syracuse just have rotted out Malibu's impallas and every other common junk cars out there

Would be Rubicon Recycling, Rome NY.  They have only a few classics, but they try to keep them for a while if they can. very slim pickins on the MoPar  front.  They had a '50 Dodge 4dr for about 1-1/2 year, but gone now. It had a drive train swap before arrival.

The classics here seem to be mostly 60's, 70's.

Vince's u-pull in Marcy sometimes gets oldies in. They just go in the mix with everything else, and as far as I know go to the crusher on a time based schedule.  Saw a '50 Chevy earlier this month, but did not venture over to it, as I was on a mission with limited time for sightseeing.

I have been to U-Pull U-Save in East Sry., but did not pick any classics there.