missing on couple cylinders

With 110 psi compression on the two suspect cylinders it’s unlikely that a head gasket is the culprit. You’re either not getting the spark properly or there’s a total blockage in the intake manifold feeding the front 2 cylinders. I’d first double check the plug wires to be sure they’re not crossed/reversed.

2 hours ago, federal39 said:

We check the comp and we got only 75 pounds the valves must be sticking 

I am a bit confused. In your first posting you said the compression was 110. If you have a valve sticking you would have zero compression in that cylinder.

fromthebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

never did it wet 

he had hard any when he started with it he put oil down the cylinder to get it to run I'm just trying to help him out it smokes a lot when it is running the ring could be stuck some truck sat at a old junk yard from 1968 

I would check to see if the spark plug wires are arcing / shorting on something or even on eachother. Start it in the dark and take a peek, if they are arcing your see it plain as day.

John

Edited by John Rogers

I had a similar problem on a 1938 Buick. It turned out to be a bad intake manifold gasket. It was pulling plain air in rather than the fuel air mixture. When I would spray starter fluid near the leaking gasket it would pick those cylinders up. Just watch out for the fan and for safety’s sake, I did it when I first started the engine before the exhaust manifold got hot. Good luck! Some problems can be a real bear to figure out. 

• Like 1

we had good  spark at the plugs I crossed them with a screwdriver I'm thinking that the rings are stuck from sitting for so long the old guy is trying to get it running so he can sell it 

it is a 1950 1/2 short box with a fluid drive  he can not shift one of the linkage on the transmission 

How about a crack in the distributor cap or crack in rotor.