Intake/exhaust manifold removel

TFC

Been working on my 52 B3B a lot since good/warmer weather has returned to Maine.  I have run into an issue today while trying removing the intake/exhaust manifold though.  Got the nuts & washers off however the previous owner used high temp RTV when the manifold was installed.  Seems very well glued in place, understand how brittle/easily damaged a manifold can be, anybody have any advice about a good approach to resolve this problem?  Thanks.

I did look under there, and found that the previous owner did not install that nut.  Worked on a 62 Willys awhile back, it had a 226 Super Hurricane that had a very similar set-up with that hidden/hard to get at middle nut/stud.

Am I bad, LOL.  Went back to the barn, counted the studs, 11?,  missed the 2 long bolts that Don's pic showed so well, Thanks for setting me straight, an yes the manifold did come free.  Thanks again...

On 5/11/2018 at 10:35 PM, lonejacklarry said:

I think I was tuned in by Don awhile back as I had the same problem.  One has to resist the urge to use a two foot long pry bar.

Hard to believe story:  Back in the '60s, while working in my Dad's salvage, I sold a Chevy head to a guy to replace one that 'cracked' .  after some discussion I found that he had failed to remove the one head bolt hidden under the rocker shaft and not in line with all the others.  then drove a slender chisel between the head and block until the head broke!  That takes some serious hammerin'.

It has to do with what is under them. The ones that bridge a gap between the manifolds are different than the ones that just go into a manifold hole.