glass lens gaskets ?

JD luxury liner

JD,

I have a 1948 Chrysler so I am not sure this will help. My marker/directional lights in the front have rubber gaskets between the glass lense and housing for them. My directional's in the back have rubber between the body and pot metal housings for them but no gaskets between the glass lense and the housings. I have owned 1948 Chrysler's for 45 years and this is the way I have always observed them to be.

Tom

12 hours ago, JD luxury liner said:

Thanks

Do we think Bernbaum would have those gaskets?

I don`t have a clue what gaskets a `48 Chrysler uses.

So just had a quick view on their homepage, maybe you find the answer there !?

click -> https://www.oldmoparts.com/parts-exterior-rubber.aspx

Edited by PT81Jan

On 5/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, Tom Skinner said:

JD,

I have a 1948 Chrysler so I am not sure this will help. My marker/directional lights in the front have rubber gaskets between the glass lense and housing for them. My directional's in the back have rubber between the body and pot metal housings for them but no gaskets between the glass lense and the housings. I have owned 1948 Chrysler's for 45 years and this is the way I have always observed them to be.

Tom

My 41 Chrysler has gaskets between glass and housing. They are similar to the postwar models. There are picture on ebay (not mine).

Part # 902586. 8-55-214

Also according to my part list C34, C36, C37 uses Part  973236 (Rt.) 973237 (Lt.). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1941-48-CHRYSLER-TAIL-LIGHT-LENS-GASKETS-NEW-YORKER-WINDSOR-MOPAR-46-47/153003624806?hash=item239fba0966:g:KTUAAOSwgQVavAoy

Edited by chrysler1941

Shazzaam Shazzaam  Sergeant  Carter. I have never seen them before. I know Andy Bernbaum's got all the Rubber ones for Pot Metal Housings to the Body and License Plate Light.

I would probably opt cut my own before I would pay $24.95 for two little Gaskets. Just saying.

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JD luxury liner said:

well we have another option, 

A co worker has a small 3d printer. We made some gaskets for the front driving lights today. I was very impressed .

I will put some pictures in the next couple days.

Intrigued. What material did you use, out of interest. I've only used PLA and it is too rigid for a gasket and not watertight, either (when you 3D print a 'solid', it tends to be a honeycomb to reduce material usage and also to stop the part swelling as it is printed).