I'm Not Jacking Around!

• 1 month later...

Not for me. Everything has to be in the perfect world. The height of the axle, flat solid ground, stop at the exact correct time and the big one I see is how often do you jack up your trailer when the tires are full of air. 

My two cents, thanks for sharing it was interesting. 

• Like 1

In the car I have a scissors jack, and an 18 inch square of 3/4 in plywood.  When we travel, one of my trolley jacks goes in, but wife's cell phone and AAA card will be first employed these days.  I also carry one jack stand.

• Like 1

Hi:

Regarding a couple of the posts in this topic, If you have a flat tire, realize that the axle or whatever part you want to put the jack under, will be a lot closer to the ground than normal.  Measure the available space from axle to ground when you have a flat tire!  The jack will have to fit in there or will not work.  Also plan on a block to make a large base to set under the jack if ground is soft.  Also, carry blocks or some type of wheel chocks, at least enough to place in front AND behind one of the tires on opposite side of car from the flat.  When you start turning the lug nuts on a rear wheel, often the car will try to move forward or back, since many of our vehicles's parking brake prevents the drive shaft from turning but the rear wheels can still be rotated if one is off the ground.  Just food for thought.

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 2:13 AM, Todd B said:

Not for me. Everything has to be in the perfect world. The height of the axle, flat solid ground, stop at the exact correct time and the big one I see is how often do you jack up your trailer when the tires are full of air. 

Looks doable to me. Guess it depends on ability and mindset and how much of a pickle you are in. I find the price prohibitive but I don't think it looks too hard or impractical. No harder than driving onto a set of car ramps.  That always gives me cause to pucker but I still use them (until I can get a nice lift) but not for flats, obviously.

https://trestlejacksusa.com/

17 hours ago, kencombs said:

image.png.069480854894119860b39cb4cebc3ea2.pngNot sure how this would work on a car/truck, but they are common for boaters.

I'd not trust that with a vehicle at all