measurement requested

I need a measurement from the front face of the timing cover to the rear of the radiator core.  I'm working on my '54 Dodge C1B6 and I should have taken that measurement before everything came out.

If you have a block with no timing cover, fine, as long as I know the points of measurement.  I have no idea if earlier models had the same measurement as the 54 and 55 inline 6's did but, I know, someone will comment on the differences or not.

Thanks,

Larry

1 hour ago, 59bisquik said:

What exactly do you need the measurement for?

I'm adding A/C and an alternator.  Depending on the pulleys I might find the compressor and alternator might be too far forward.  The end result might be that the fan and the radiator core would intersect in a bad way.

I think that a puller fan, while deeper,could be mounted  a little lower on the radiator and not have the hub and pulley occupying the same space

The last resort would be to put the engine and radiator back in and see what it looks like.   And, yes, I should have done that to begin with.

Thanks for the info.  Did you happen to eyeball the distance before you did your engine replacement?  All I need is about an inch but I'm not sure it's there.  

The other consideration is interference with the fan.  I'm guessing that I will have to work the pulleys out first to see where the brackets will end up and, then, where the a/c compressor will sit.  

I think it was pretty tight before. The only flatty I have seen that had AC, mounted it directly beneath the alternator. It was tightly tucked under there.

As for the radiator, you could also mount it on the other side of the core and gain a bit of space too. Kinda like adding the 25” engine to the bay.

Edited by 59bisquik

Thanks for the suggestions..  Moving the radiator forward might be the easiest solution...strange as that sounds.  

I think I may end up finding extra pulleys and making my own double groove pulleys.  Well, not me but a knowledgeable and skilled tig welder would be needed.