A Matter Of Exhaust Decibels

55 Fargo

Okay so who's running dual exhaust with straight pipes or glasspacks?

Or even single pipe exhaust the same way.

I am running dual exhaust Walker glasspacks.

Kinda loud, sounds the part of performance but is a bit loud too.

Bit of a drone at certain RPMs and not always what i like when out for a cruise.

Was out tonight great ride a bit noisy

Had her up to 75 mph 2800 rpm and more to go but not for me....lol

No wind at all and she picks up speed much easier.  I figure she might top out at 80 to 85 mph....lol

I too have dual exhaust with headers and glass pack mufflers ,quite loud when i put my foot down but cruising at 60 is ok ,bearing in mind its a convertible so pretty noisy anyway!

Now my slant 6 I have headers with full length duals. Stand on the gas , sounds like straight pipes, drive normal , sounds like glass pack. A good drone at 50mph, so I go 60. Don't know what kind of mufflers, there 3 - 31/2 feet long  bullets that the last foot looks twisted.

When my full dual exhaust setup was made it used 2" pipes and a couple of big glasspacks.  After a couple of years I took it back to him and had him replace the glasspacks with a pair of standard three-pass turbo mufflers.  Much nicer, in my opinion.

Marty

• Like 2

My first exhaust was a split manifold with one short glass pack and one medium glass pack to achieve that uneven blat...blaaat...blat sound......it sounded like a harley on steroids at idle but anything over 40 mph sounded like angry bees in the cab. I was about ready to go back to stock but opted for 2 el cheapo quiet mufflers that have developed a very mellow pleasant sound over the last 12 years or so.

If I were to change one thing I think an X-pipe would help to lose the little bit of drone there is left at 45 to 60 mph.

21CbMdOHAFL.jpg

• Like 1