LED Headlis;ght Bulbs

Richard Cope

• A few weeks ago I came across the following web site for Classic Dynamo Regulator Conversion.  The company offers LED bulbs that are a direct fit for a 39 Ply. headlight, are called 6-24 Volt Double Dipper Bulb.  They are polarity sensitive, positive is P30dAPF.  (for low beam one LED is lit, and for high beam 2 LED light)I purchased to try out, The light is very very bright with the amp meter on car hardly moving.  Doesn't appear that the 39 headlight lens effects the light, however haven't had an opportunity to test at night will do so soon.  Now the not so good news, I don't reecall the cost however they were very expensive around $25 each.  Another issue was the first bulb that I received, the metal ring which locks into the bulb into the reflector was not securely fastened.  I applied epoxy to hold it into place and it is working.  The company indicated that the problem has been corrected and is sending me replacements, at this point appears they stand behind their product.  Another comment, they are located in the UK, so it takes awhile to receive the product.  Anyway may want  to look at their web site:  www.dynamoregulatorconversion.com.  
  • Regards,
  • Rich