Dodge 230 timing chain

Buy all new or nos (R) gears And chain. Best to be from same Manufacturer. Most New stuff is Chinese BEware . 

Do not mix used with new.

Asking for problems for sure as wear patterns in used will trash new in no time.

My opinion!

DJ

• Like 1

I agree with DJ194950.  I wouldn't replace a chain without also replacing the gears.

For my current 230 build, I sourced a timing chain set from Engine Pro (based in Grand Rapids, MI, with parts made here and in Mexico) through my machine shop.  Here's a link to their catalog:

EPG_Timing_Set_Catalog.pdf

Edited by Elwood

I recommend calling Vintage Power Wagons - they stock a complete line of engine rebuilding parts.

George Asche might also be able to give some advice or even possibly provide a set - his number is on  this forum somewhere if you search.

I bought these parts from Egge

but if I was to do it again, I would use Terrill Machine. He’s the cheapest and mails it the next day and I believe that much of what he sells is NOS. VPW is overpriced.

B137244B-7BB2-4E64-903B-0C69C299733F.jpeg

846084F2-AB14-45F5-9E3A-8440247FDCD9.jpeg

E1F32BEB-62A8-48B5-B103-82AA699A4EC4.jpeg

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 1