found in car

Plymouthy Adams

A rubber snake...

• 2 weeks later...

I found a Windsor Deluxe vehicle registration card. Dated 1969. Owner’s name and a $6 annual fee was listed. From the State of Massachusetts. Sadly upon researching the owner’s name on google I found his obit. 

Edited by keithb7

Back in the early 80’s I found $750 in a bank envelope under the trunk mat.  Paid $700 for the car and beat the hell out it for two years and then sold it for $1,500.  Sad part is that it was a 1971 Dodge Charger with a 318.  The car only had 30,000 miles on when I got it. 

• Like 1

I bought an ex-DEA  '75 Ford Torino at a government surplus auction and found 4 different current New York registrations in the glove box.  One was for the DEA in Manhattan, and the three other ones had different 'ethnic' names and bogus addresses.  Probably came in handy for undercover work.

54 minutes ago, White Spyder said:

Bought a Fiero and tucked under the spare tire was a paper bag with adult toys. ?

That’s where I put them. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Patina on toy cars-- does that make them more collectible than nice paint like some cars/trucks??

DJ

• Like 1

I think I have told this on this site once before.  My brother and I bought a '41 Plymouth (with only 38,000 miles )in '65 from its original owner.  The lady (husband had died and she was in her late 70's) decided that she was no longer a safe driver.  When we got the car home, we cleaned it front to back and took out the rear seat to make sure that there were no mice nests.  There, we found a large pair of "granny panties.":eek:   My brother, being the joker he is put them in a bag and brought them back to the lady.  She opened the bag, laughed and said, "I wondered where those went.  My husband used my old panties to wax the car."

Later, we had the car up on a lift to rebuild the master cylinder.  There we found a Chrysler Corp. box end wrench with the main brake line running through it to the MC.  Whoever installed the brake line at the factory grabbed the box end rather than a line-wrench and did not take the brake line off to remove the box end.  We put the box end back in place after rebuilding the MC and told the next owner about it when we sold the car.

One last note on that car.  The original owners bought the car and a "vacation package" at the local dealer.  What that entailed was Plymouth set them up with a hotel room where the car was built (Detroit?) and told them when to be there.  Once there, a tour guide walked them through the assembly line as their car was put together.  When finished, they took delivery, put a tow bar on it, and towed it back to Texas behind a Model A - they didn't want to put those miles on their new car.  Can you imagine a car company doing a "vacation package" today?

Edited by Bobacuda
  • Like 1