Dwell tachometer 6v pos grd

50net

I fortunately found a 6v meter after a long search. Most instructions are gone because of time,but i found one that was still with meter. there are still several out there if someone is looking . search for bt-162/163.

According to instructions  this is a 12v/6v meter.you have to connect to a 6v battery and calibrate the meter. So im guessing 12v meters are calibrated to work properly for that voltage? Alot of  vintage meters i inquired about said 12v only

Edited by 50net

I have this dwell meter. It is marked 12v, but it works just fine on my 6v pos ground truck. It only has 2 wires. One goes to the wire between the distributor and coil, the other goes to ground. Just need to verify your polarity. Since most 12v vehicles with points use some sort of voltage reducing resistor for the ignition system, the points work with approximately the same voltage as a 6v vehicle. 

A33DEE69-0BAC-485B-A7C0-A6CDDD32CB6D_zps

Edited by Merle Coggins

5 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I have this dwell meter. It is marked 12v, but it works just fine on my 6v pos ground truck. It only has 2 wires. One goes to the wire between the distributor and coil, the other goes to ground. Just need to verify your polarity. Since most 12v vehicles with points use some sort of voltage reducing resistor for the ignition system, the points work with approximately the same voltage as a 6v vehicle. 

A33DEE69-0BAC-485B-A7C0-A6CDDD32CB6D_zps

Exactly.