Upper control arm bumpers

Gabbe

Hello. I´m a Swedish guy working on my -48 Chrysler Traveler from scratch. Down to the bone. This sounds like a easy task on the whole but I can not get the bumpers from where they are connected. I guess they are stuck by age, dirt and rust. Does anyone have an idea of how I will get them off the control arm?

Thank you

Gabbe

Stockholm

Thank you for responding so quickly.

They seem to be hooked up by a bolt that goes through the control arm. On one side the bolt connects to the bumper. I´ll attach a photo.

IMG_2242.jpg

This is how it looks right now. I can not get that bolt loose.Do you think I tap ut out? I do not want to damage the threads.

Thank you for taking your time. 

IMG_20180425_155614_resized_20180425_035805746.jpg

IMG_20180425_155636_resized_20180425_035739901.jpg

Yes. It´s that U-shape thing. And it needs to come off. I just can't get that shock mount out. Its completely stuck. I probably have to work harder on it. I´ll get the sledge hammer :-)

Thank you.

Screw the nut back on to the stud so that its level with the end of the stud then use lots of lubricant, WD40 or similar and give the stud with nut a good wack with a hammer to loosen it, ideally have  piece of brass or alloy between the nut and your hammer to protect the nut.........and even if you do relocate the upper shock mount to the chassis  you will still need that rebound rubber and can use a normal large bolt to locate a new rubber......... .andyd

Edited by Andydodge