I bought another old dodge !

Dale Gribble

Damn,that was a good score! My advise is to fix the brakes and the fuel system first,and then drive it around locally like it is while you make a list of what it needs,and find it all. Not that I think you will need much. I see no rust holes or dents,and all the trim seems undented and shiny.  Looks like all you might need cosmetically is a paint job in and out,and a front seat cover.

One of these days,when I grow up,I am going to start buying cars like that. Seriously!

4 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Damn,that was a good score! My advise is to fix the brakes and the fuel system first,and then drive it around locally like it is while you make a list of what it needs,and find it all. Not that I think you will need much. I see no rust holes or dents,and all the trim seems undented and shiny.  Looks like all you might need cosmetically is a paint job in and out,and a front seat cover.

My thoughts exactly. Great score!!

34 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

One of these days,when I grow up,I am going to start buying cars like that. Seriously!

Fuel system and everything else seems great . Previous owner installed a new master cylinder and shortly after the lines broke . Think the higher pressures found the weak point . Going to go through the brakes and do some body work . Otherwise it's ready to go . 

And and no need to grow up to buy these , I'm only 33 , I find fix and flip classic cars all the time !  I've done well over 150 cars in 15 years . This one is going to stick around for a while though . I have a soft spot for it ... 

Edited by Dale Gribble

Sweet find! By chance June 2018 Hemmings Classic car features a 4 door 1941 Dodge on the cover with a full article inside. The editor also wrote an article on why we should be preserving 4 door vintage cars. 4 door sedans is what built Detroit. They outsold all 2 doors. Yet for decades they were pushed aside by collectors and pop culture. I am seeing more 4 doors getting attention these days. They are cheaper and a great entry level for new vintage Mopar enthusiasts.

Edited by keithb7

7 hours ago, Silverdome said:

If you don't mind telling. What part of the country did you find the nice car?

I found it in mid Missouri . But I buy cars from all over . The guy who I purchased the 49 from turned me onto the 48 . And it was much nicer and closer to driving than the 49 is ... 

10 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Sweet find! By chance June 2018 Hemmings Classic car features a 4 door 1941 Dodge on the cover with a full article inside. The editor also wrote an article on why we should be preserving 4 door vintage cars. 4 door sedans is what built Detroit. They outsold all 2 doors. Yet for decades they were pushed aside by collectors and pop culture. I am seeing more 4 doors getting attention these days. They are cheaper and a great entry level for new vintage Mopar enthusiasts.

I'm all for a more door at this point in my life . I used to be steadfast against them in my younger years . .... As you say , easier to find and cheaper make them excellent entry level vehicles to the hobby . And the suicide doors sold me on it .... 

9 hours ago, Dale Gribble said:

I'm all for a more door at this point in my life . I used to be steadfast against them in my younger years . .... As you say , easier to find and cheaper make them excellent entry level vehicles to the hobby . And the suicide doors sold me on it .... 

Younger years?? At 33 you're still there!!  mid-Missouri?? For most of my life I wasn't aware Missouri existed north of US-60. Come to think about it, I'm still not convinced.. this state gets weirder the farther north you get.. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Younger years?? At 33 you're still there!!  mid-Missouri?? For most of my life I wasn't aware Missouri existed north of US-60. Come to think about it, I'm still not convinced.. this state gets weirder the farther north you get.. :)

Oh hell , I'm 34 this year , spent over 18 years painting and building cars . Gave it up for a wrecker job . Already I have the lungs and health of a 65 year old .... Not many years left here for me ... 

Edited by Dale Gribble

4 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

That's funny I always that the same about the farther south of the diversion channel you get.... lol

Nice Dodge. I had one like it back in 1959 and mine too had the outside sunvisor. That is the only car I ever had that the ignition switch failed on. I'd be driving along and it would cut out momentarily and then BANG!! when the power came on. My neighbor accused me of deliberately doing a key banger with it but I swore that I wasn't. Great cars and great times. The car cost, $80.00.

John R

20 hours ago, chuck 47 plym said:

That's funny I always that the same about the farther south of the diversion channel you get.... lol

You may be right, I'm south of the channel!! 

Edit to add.. If you want to really be in southeast Missouri you have to be at least where rolls aren't thrown but throwed... and not notice the difference!! :D

Edited by MackTheFinger

7 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

You may be right, I'm south of the channel!! 

Edit to add.. If you want to really be in southeast Missouri you have to be at least where rolls aren't thrown but throwed... and not notice the difference!! :D

how else would you get them from one end of the supper table to the other?:lol: