Reproduction Drag Link

Has anyone ever bought the rare parts new drag link part # 25594 for 48-53’s? I searched and could find any feedback in them. I though I had a good used one on a chassis I have but It seems to be about the same as what I have. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

I don't have feedback on the drag link but I have bought parts from them before . They are located in the same city that I live in . I am happy with my parts . I found that their prices were a little high but as I didn't need to have the parts shipped , the final price was the same as the other vendors for me . They advertise that they can make their own parts if need be . They have a good reputation . The shop is clean and large . 

I have a Rare Parts drag link on my '33 Plymouth. Quality is great. The original was made with thin walled tubing, Rare Part's replacement uses a heavier material and looks like it should be "better than original" as far as service life, etc. Of course the drag link on my '33 is a totally different design than on your trunk so your mileage may vary.

Napa now sells some Rare Parts in their stores most need to be ordered however.

When I called Rare Parts sales desk I asked if they make all the parts the sell and was told no. She would not identify where those parts were made but made a big deal the those parts not made by them were all had to be made to all original specs to be accepted by them. Did not want to answer when asked if any were made in China. When I pressed forward about that was told if the part was ordered through them directly they could Probably answer the China question on a part about to be ordered.

They have had a very good rep from what I have heard and read.

My conclusion -buy directly and Ask the China question.  ;)

DJ

There was an article in Hot Rod magazine about the parts made in China . The author was an employee at the magazine who buys hundreds of parts each month . He said that a buyer can't completely get away from the Chinese parts but that the buyer should only buy through a trusted , popular , well known dealer to help insure good quality as the vendor will want to keep their good reputation by making sure that the high quality is there through quality control . Sometimes we don't have a choice . 

• Like 1