Overdrive swap

John32369

I have found a 48 Chrysler club coupe with a fluid drive transmission with overdrive but no title for 800$. Will that transmission and overdrive fit my 47 Desoto club coupe?

2 hours ago, John32369 said:

I have found a 48 Chrysler club coupe with a fluid drive transmission with overdrive but no title for 800$. Will that transmission and overdrive fit my 47 Desoto club coupe?

PLEASE don't scrap that car after you have pulled what you want from it. It seems to have a lot of parts that some people here would surely want,and AFATG's,somebody might want to buy the whole car  to put on the road. Legal titles aren't that hard to get in most states.

2 tell tales on windsor or new yorker...8 cylinder new yorker, 6 windsor.

Big fender between door and front wheel new yorker.

1948-chrysler-new-yorker-club-coupe-3.JP

small fender windsor

91jmqw9-24L._SX736_.jpg

To me it looks like you have a Windsor club coupe with the same wheel base as your desoto.....lots of parts body and frame interchange.