Wiper pivot escutcheon part numbers ?

Dartgame

Hopefully someone can look this up or tell me where I can see this kind of stuff.

I visited some relatives in New Mexico a few weeks ago and found a junkyard that had a 51 plymouth. It still had the chrome escutcheons for the wiper pivots so I grabbed them knowing mine have seriously bad cracks in the castings. I had sent the originals to be plated but the plater told me they were too far gone to be repaired/chromed.

The part number on the original escutcheons is for my 52 Plymouth is 1488661, the ones I found in the boneyard from the 51 plymouth are 1383545. The plater still has the originals so I am not able to compare them directly. Does anyone have a part number book that can decipher these numbers ? Maybe the part numbers changed in 52 and the 51 although a different part number is the same as the 52 ?

I am suspect of these 51 parts because there was no rubber gasket under the 51 pivots and the body. Maybe somebody swapped in something different that worked, but was not oem.

Hey Ed - if you can look up both numbers in your 51  book , that’d be great - Like I said I am only confident about the part # for the 52. Both year bodies are the same as you may know, so if the 51 part number turns out to be good, I have my answer !

Edited by Dartgame

I do not show either of the #s you posted in my 51 parts book which covers the entire DPCD lineup. Cover, windshield wiper pivot is I believe the part we are talking about and it shows for 51 ply 1383606

I checked my '1954 and prior' parts book and it shows 1383606 up to VIN 18175900 for the P22, 15542900 for the Cambridge, and 12830300 for the Cranbrook.  After those VIN's the part number changed to 1439660.

One way to find the application by part number is to go to Len Dawson's website http://dpmotorparts.com  and type it into their search engine.  Or, punch the part number into Google and see what you get.

Harold 

Hi Ed and Harold - thanks for taking the time to search for the numbers. I guess its a test and see if it fits deal now, since none of these match up. Seems weird they’d have different numbers for these. Maybe its a vendor number deal, different numbers depending on who made the part. 

The 51 I took these from is a 4 door and my car is a 52 bus coupe. I kind of doubt there is a different shape to the cowl area where these fit, unless I am out of synch with my thoughts about this. 

Time to take these to the paint shop where the car is and test fit them.