Running board length 49 B1B?

I came up with some interesting info referencing running boards.  I had bought a set of what I thought was the right stuff for my 108 wheelbase as I made a rookie mistake and bought the shorter of the two that I found thinking my 108 would be the short ones compared to my 126 B2D parts truck... I was wrong. I got a set of 60" boards straightened and cleaned up, extracted 4 busted bolts and chased all the threads, POR and then POR top coat, installed on the truck and then started fitting the bed.... As many of you already saw the punch line comming - ... the space between the front fender and the back fender is about 64 inches!  If I can find a god set of 64" boards I will be posting the 60's on our classifieds .  If not I'll be building a 4 inch spacer ;-)

Anyone know of a source for the 64" boards?

I added this link as it may help someone else sort out what they need before they head down the path I did. Just another subtle differences between the 50s and 40s trucks...

Cheers.

J

I'll look when and if I get home, stuck in SLC after the BBQ with storms hammering MN. I have a set in my attic but don't know the length off the top of my head.

• 10 months later...

Thanks all, update- I did get the 68” boards straightened and cut about 4” out then welded them back up to the 64” size, welded a couple brackets, retapped, painted with POR rust inhibitor and topcoat... they’re not perfect but they fit right and look good on the truck. Sounds like the 60” ones I have are for b4b or c series from what I can find on the forum and google, But for anyone wondering the 1949 b1b 108 wheelbase uses the 64” version. Couldn’t upload pics from my phone, will updat when have access to computer. 

IMG_4133.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

Edited by jmooner3
add pics
  • Like 1

I've always said....get it built, get it running, get it on the road with whatever works and is safe.

Keep those elusive "pretty parts" on your Christmas list and hopefully you'll find them!

But for pete's sake, don't stop building because of a few less then beautiful parts.

It just seems to miss the point.

And as far as the custom built fenders? Put a brand on'em, with your logo, and its custom brother...one of a kind. :D

48D