Upholstry choices?

I know there has been a lot of chatter over the years about interior kits for the B series, but now that I need to order something I search and haven't come up with much meaningful. My guy recovering the seat wants me to have it before he does his thing so he can match it. 

Anyone  have any thoughts? I'm not trying to save $, just would like to end up with something that lasts and looks nice.

I've only seen three choices for kits;  DCM ClassicsQuiet Ride Solutions and Pilothouse Interiors.

Since interiors are pretty simple, I would venture a handy person could make their own. I've given this some thought. Richer materials and a look that is je ne sais quoi.  Will you be sticking with authentic or are you willing to go custom? Visiting an upholsterer or two might give you some ideas, or head out to Clements and get some ideas from those BBQ attending trucksters. I'll be taking in a couple car shows this summer and hope to find a path to go down. If not this year, then the next, or the next...

1947-dodge-pickup-interior.jpg

• Like 1

How about buying fiber board from Home Depot or Lowes, making a paper template, cutting and wrapping with the material of your choice? Couldn't an upholsterer wrap it for you and make it look awesome for a very reasonable price?

59 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

How about buying fiber board from Home Depot or Lowes, making a paper template, cutting and wrapping with the material of your choice? Couldn't an upholsterer wrap it for you and make it look awesome for a very reasonable price?

I did the same thing on DC Pete back in 1980.  I glued the long blue fur on it. Held up great until I gave it to my son and he that it was too “dated”. Girls loved that blue fur, I guess now they are all grammas. 

Google or YouTube making interior panels and you’ll get some good information on how to build.  I do recommend using Welwood Landau top adhesive to glue the material, it works fantastic...although no second chances, so fit perfect first.

I just finished my interior and used sheet aluminum instead of cardboard on the door-panels, A-pillar covers and the area above the seats to the headliner. The last photo shows a USB port installed before the headliner was lifted in place. I removed the bulges and sags from my cardboard headliner by glueing masonite to the backside where needed. I then fiberglassed the entire perimeter as the screw holes were all ragged out. Then I went to a fabric store and ordered 3 yards of the coolest looking vinyl I could find. I have the hinged windshield which makes for a wetter cab in wet weather. Cardboard was not a good solution for pre '48's.

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5772 (1).jpg

I made the interiors for both my 49 1ton and 49 2.5 ton.  The seat covers were in decent usable shape in both.   For the 1 ton I made my own door, overhead and rear panels using 1/4" luan as a backing board covered with black leatherette that my wife purchased for me in a fabric store.   For the 2.5 ton, I used the existing door panels (it was an ex firetruck) but used the patterns I made for the 1 ton for the headliner, and rear & side panels.  Is it perfect?  Hell no, but both truck have held up extremely well over the several years since I did them.  I learned something during the process too.   Mike

I too made my own out of modern headliner material...

B3D New Interior (5).JPG

Interior Big Red (10).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
Had to go potty