Just picked up my 49 dually

drive safe!

btw, I like the tow vehicle ALMOST as much as the "new" purchase :D

hey Gene, from time to time the question comes up" how much does my truck weigh"

if you think about it run it across a scale....... I am towing tomorrow and i'll try and do the same and maybe we can start a "tow thread"

Edited by Brent B3B

got to see t hat camper when he was at my place last year....impressive inside....

drive careful Gene...I ran to WV over the weekend...did not want to go due to the storm coming through, called my bud in Kentucky as the storm was dead over his area..he said it was being blown out of proportion...so I went to WV for a funeral, hit snow as I enter Virginia and the Walker mountains, mostly gone by the time I got to Bridge Valley WV....left Sunday evening as they were predicting another snow late Sunday night early morning...got home 5AM Monday called EV at 9 AM..snow everywhere...tell em Gene...we saw plenty of snow in Augsburg.......lol

6 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

drive safe!

btw, I like the tow vehicle ALMOST as much as the "new" purchase :D

hey Gene, from time to time the question comes up" how much does my truck weigh"

if you think about it run it across a scale....... I am towing tomorrow and i'll try and do the same and maybe we can start a "tow thread"

There is a quarry near my house, I may just do that. I have it licensed for 30,000 lbs, so I'm sure I'm ok.

Yes, Tim, we did see some snow in Augsburg. Nobody had 4wd, either, and we made it everywhere.

snow was getting close to melting, but they have another heavy round predicted in a couple days so we're headed south quickly. I think I'd do fine on it, but I've seen too many others who can't!

Sadly all I got to see was an empty trailer! Good to meet ya in person Gene, and the fun side kick as well. Door is always open!

I didn't make it to the scale, but...

truck weighs about 7800, trailer about 1500, camper about 4000, pilothouse is a guess, but 3200? Tools, spares, chains etc another 500.

So - 17,000 or so? Light load - I've crosssed the scale at a little over 30,000 before. Pickups are a little more than they were 60-70 years ago.

For example, hauled this 3 axle White road tractor back from Western Kansas a couple years ago. I doubt the 49 was up to that, even when it was new.

IMG_0762.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, austinsailor said:

(How much do they want for it?)

.???? , does the above question imply that your fully booked project list, has some room for adjustment? LOL

I did not ask a price.  

4 hours ago, austinsailor said:

I didn't make it to the scale, but...

truck weighs about 7800, trailer about 1500, camper about 4000, pilothouse is a guess, but 3200? Tools, spares, chains etc another 500.

So - 17,000 or so? Light load - I've crosssed the scale at a little over 30,000 before. Pickups are a little more than they were 60-70 years ago.

For example, hauled this 3 axle White road tractor back from Western Kansas a couple years ago. I doubt the 49 was up to that, even when it was new.

IMG_0762.JPG

Surprised the staters didn't pull that truck/trailer set up over...A lot of weight to handle safely with a 1 ton.  I'd hate to have to do an emergency maneuver 

Just curious. Are all the projects you have ones that you eventually plan on restoring. Some people just like to collect old cars and trucks and restore some of them and have the rest for viewing pleasure/landscape art. Nothing wrong with any of it but I was just wondering about your own addiction.:lol: