Fantasy to Reality

IMG_20180410_182818_01.jpg.14fe9aa912cd5ceb76ce1de029b97856.jpg20180408_140216.jpg.bc9e7ac11eacae0970d7f9af1fb24f60.jpgHello everyone. My newest projects came to me from my father that passed away in December of 2017. He kept these trucks for over 40 years, in a garage and I drooled over them since I knew how to walk. I will do them justice and honor my dad by putting them back into service, just the way he had them, years ago. I just wanted to share these with everybody. Wish me luck!

image0000001_10(2)-1.jpg

Edited by Dodgelife
  • Like 5

Yes, it has only one side pipe. It has a 1968 high performance 440 magnum. The pipes will be replaced with the corvette lake pipes, my father had installed. It is a project. No doubt about it. Also, the rear end is out of a '70 roadrunner with .373 (posi track) ratio. Transmission was built to the hilt, complete with a stall torque converter from an RV. All this with 1 ton suspension to help it hook up. A true monster. Thank you.

ah yeah...when I sold the 41 Dodge I had it had transformed a bit from the installed 383 with 833 tranny on to an automatic (shiftless bastard that I am) then to a 440 with the automatic...surprised a few folks at the stop  light...never raced but it was an impressive take off...got many oohs and ahs.....have fun....

The panel truck was dad's daily driver. He said it would pick the front end up off the ground from the the line but would go faster from 60 - 120 mph than it would from 0 - 60 mph. It will truely be awesome to get it drivable again. He also said, back in it's hay day, there wasn't anything around that could touch it. Except the Motorola. Lol

The pick up is bone stock. 68,931 original miles. Still runs great. I blew the transmission apart years ago. I rebuilt the transmission last year. Still numbers matching. Gotta put it back together. The engine is the 315 poly motor. Original generator/regulator charging system, 3 speed trans (on the tree), manual drum brakes all the way around, manual steering, no radio, original wooden bed floor. Plain Jane truck. Garage kept all of it's life. Love it.

57 minutes ago, Dodgelife said:

IMG_20180410_182818_01.jpg.14fe9aa912cd5ceb76ce1de029b97856.jpg20180408_140216.jpg.bc9e7ac11eacae0970d7f9af1fb24f60.jpgHello everyone. My newest projects came to me from my father that passed away in December of 2017. He kept these trucks for over 40 years, in a garage and I drooled over them since I knew how to walk. I will do them justice and honor my dad by putting them back into service, just the way he had them, years ago. I just wanted to share these with everybody. Wish me luck!

image0000001_10(2)-1.jpg

WOW! I  am in awe of the stock factory chrome and trim still being shiny on that red truck. From an appearance POV,in MY opinion that thing is perfect just as it sits. If it were mine,I would do what I needed to do to make it safe and reliable,and then drive it the way it is.

• Like 1

It truely is one of a kind. The windshield chrome trim (with the corner pieces) is behind the seat. Never been installed. It's been garage kept since new. I have an '07 Monte Carlo with more rust than this truck.

Thank you so very much. I wish I knew how to post them on google search images. They've been hidden from the world far too long. I want to show them off and would very much appreciate it if anyone can post them for me. I don't know how.

5 hours ago, Dodgelife said:

It truely is one of a kind. The windshield chrome trim (with the corner pieces) is behind the seat. Never been installed. It's been garage kept since new. I have an '07 Monte Carlo with more rust than this truck.

Yeah,but the difference is you don't care about the Monte Carlo.

6 hours ago, Dodgelife said:

Thank you so very much. I wish I knew how to post them on google search images. They've been hidden from the world far too long. I want to show them off and would very much appreciate it if anyone can post them for me. I don't know how.

I believe posting them on forums will get them to end up on google images. 

6 hours ago, Dodgelife said:

Posting them on forums such as this helps - also having the file names something that makes sense and representative of what is in the picture helps as well. If you really want to get a lot of attention on Google upload them to places like Pinterest and put a bunch of identifying tags to help the Google search bots locate, identify, and catalog the picture.

I'm sure that your Dad is grinning ear to ear knowing that your going to take good care of them and get them back on the road. They will be a wonderful memorial to your Dad.

John 

I gotta get part numbers for master cylinders and wheel cylinders for both trucks. Neither have brakes. That's first on the agenda. The red truck has the transmission out. I rebuilt it myself. Just need to throw that back under it and with brakes, that one will be running.