40 pt105 bed filler panels

hey guys im assembling my bed from scratch p.o. took it all apart and i got it in pieces. everything so far has been pretty self explanatory but the rear filler panels are stumping me i cant for the life of me figure out how they attach or where. ill grab a pic of them in the morning but from the look of them i think a fender bracket mounts off of it and it has a spot for 3 bolts on one edge. there are 2 panels 1 for left 1 for right. if anyone has a pic of them on their truck theyd share or could point me in the right direction id appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the odd twisted rear fender brace? There is a brace that goes from the bottom lower edge of the rear fender up to the frame. 

20 minutes ago, seanpt105 said:

No i have those. I have these 2 panels and i cant figure out where they go. I first thought they were heat shields but i have the rear mounted tank and it looks like one goes around the filler neck.

1523478986953634339943.jpg

HAHAHAHAH no wonder you are confused! Those do not go anywhere near the bed. Those are engine splash shields. They bolt to the frame along the oil pan. The cutout piece goes around the fuel pump. 

4 hours ago, seanpt105 said:

Hahaha i was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Thanks for telling me i never wouldve figured that out.

you're welcome glad to help. Also consider yourself lucky to have them. I have 3 trucks plus 2 more that I parted out and I have 1/2 a set. Most of these trucks the first time something needed repair or the engine needed swapping those were removed never to be replaced

wow, yea i got the truck a few months back with the bed in pieces and those were in the mix i figured they were rear hidden panels underneath the bed or heat shields, i never wouldve figured out that they went in the front.

maybe you know, im looking for the tailgate brackets that you slide the pin through that holds it shut mine are snapped off clean i can fab something but would like the correct part, do you know where i can find them?