New glass

Putting the new glass in my B1B. Got usable parts for the wing vents located, all sandblasted, repainted and glass ready to go in.

i've masked everything off and will set the glass in black RTV. 

After a couple days cure time I'll score the RTV all around, then peal all the masking tape.

i did my 40 Dodge sedan some years ago and this worked fine.

i got all my window materials from Bernbaum. The sweeps have no way to rivet then in, he says work a screw through them. (Really - horizontally in a 1" slot??). The other parts he suggested glueing them, unlike the original rivets. Pretty low rent, I'm not happy. I did tell them as well, anyway, ask lots of questions before you buy.

i'll post more pictures as it progresses.

IMG_0755.JPG

Your truck is coming along nicely Gene.

The door window sweeps should each have 3 little slide-on clips which go on the back edge of the sweep and clip them inside the door window slot.

Door window sweeps.JPG

Edited by Desotodav

21 minutes ago, austinsailor said:

Your solution sounds great, I can see that working. Bernbaum doesn't seem to know about it. Do you know where I can get these clips?

That's how they came from the factory. I used a small flat-blade screw driver to pry my old clips out of the door frame. You should still be able to buy the clips if yours are broken (some of mine were). Check inside the door window gap/s and hopefully your clips are still lodged in the holes there :D... that's if they didn't come off with your old window sweep strips.

I reused some old clips which I had, but I am sure I have seen them for sale at a vendor on your side of the pond... perhaps someone in your part of the world can chime in?

Edited by Desotodav

• 4 months later...