Vacuum Wiper Motor Help...

Dbolter

Gentleman, I am looking into my Windshield Wiper Motor on my 1938 Chrysler Royal.

Best case I will get my original unit rebuilt...

Its a Trico unit vacuum model...

Any recommendations on a rebuilder?

Many Thanks in advance ~d.b.o.l.t.e.r.

Ficken Wiper Service seems to be the one most people mention. My understanding is that it is now run by the son of the founder, not sure if that affects the speed, cost or quality of the service.

I've run across a reference to another fellow who rebuilds wiper motors based on the west coast, I think out of Oregon. But I don't have the contact information for him at hand.

1 hour ago, Dbolter said:

Gentleman, I am looking into my Windshield Wiper Motor on my 1938 Chrysler Royal.

Best case I will get my original unit rebuilt...

Its a Trico unit vacuum model...

Any recommendations on a rebuilder?

Many Thanks in advance ~d.b.o.l.t.e.r.

Lucky man! The first car I ever bought with my own money that I got to drive was a 1938 Chrysler Royal,but mine was a 4 dr sedan. Not the sexiest vehicle for a 14 year old boy,but it was only 20 bucks and it was hard to earn money as a summer laborer around construction sites in the early 60's.

With the help of an older cousin I got the valves unstuck so it would run,and it ran perfectly. Even the radio played. One owner car bought new by a woman that died and left it to her nephew,who had no interest in it and left it parked outside. The upholstery was even perfect.

It ran so good my father sold it while I was away from home visiting friends one weekend,and kept the money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, desoto1939 said:

fricken purchased all of the reamining trico parts when they went out of business. They are the best to go to and have the repair kits.

Rich Hartung

"Fricken"? Hoodat?

"Trico is still in business. They left Buffalo in 2002 and auctioned off the tooling and NOS parts that were still left in their old 'Plant #"

Trico in Rochester Hills, Michigan develops wiper blades.

It appears that after 2002 they focused on the wiper blades?

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trade/WhatMakesTRICOBetter