Local News Story..Dodge

keithb7

I think I talked about this restoration project over the winter in a post here. The local media did a brief news story on the 1928 Dodge Brothers car that was donated to our local car club. Several of us worked over the winter to restore this original, stock car. I mainly worked on rebuilding the mechanical Steeldraulic brakes. The car was showcased this weekend. Some of the original owner's family members showed up. It was a very fun and worthwhile project. See the TV news broadcast here:

http://cfjctoday.com/article/614822/kamloops-celebrates-48th-easter-vintage-vehicle-parade

Edited by keithb7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2018 at 10:55 PM, keithb7 said:

I think I talked about this restoration project over the winter in a post here. The local media did a brief news story on the 1928 Dodge Brothers car that was donated to our local car club. Several of us worked over the winter to restore this original, stock car. I mainly worked on rebuilding the mechanical Steeldraulic brakes. The car was showcased this weekend. Some of the original owner's family members showed up. It was a very fun and worthwhile project. See the TV news broadcast here:

http://cfjctoday.com/article/614822/kamloops-celebrates-48th-easter-vintage-vehicle-parade

The "as found" photos were unbelievable. The original owner obviously loved and took care of that car.

I also loved the restored ambulance. Is it English?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

The "as found" photos were unbelievable. The original owner obviously loved and took care of that car.

I also loved the restored ambulance. Is it English?

It is a 1952 Austin ambulance. Yes English.  I drove it in the car parade that day. Runs and drives like new. Here’s my mug behind the wheel. 

24AA29EC-B2A6-4EFD-B266-A1DD24CD0FF1.jpeg

6 hours ago, keithb7 said:

It is a 1952 Austin ambulance. Yes English.  I drove it in the car parade that day. Runs and drives like new. Here’s my mug behind the wheel. 

24AA29EC-B2A6-4EFD-B266-A1DD24CD0FF1.jpeg

It sure is a beauty,and about as rare as rooster lips,too.