Brakes

Lots of discussions on the dual mast swap, just search Cherokee master cylinder and it should show you the process.  Rusty hope is great from my experience, and allows you to go buy the rest of the parts saving wherever you can

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pflaming said:

I've bought two kits from Rusty Hope and used a 98 Cherokee Wrangler dual chamber master cylinder. Very pleased. 

Curious on the master cylinder, are you using disk up front, drum in rear with that year master cylinder?

I need to order one this week myself.

This is the way I added a MC in my truck and my suburban. The mounts are different but the new MC behind the OE is the same. You will need a proportioning valve also. This is my Suburban mount. It retains the pedal mounts. The truck pedal mount is different.

IMG_6946.JPG

Edited by pflaming

This is the style of my MC, I think it would be much easier to use just in regards to the lid and filling and checking fluid level.  If you search I did a whole thread on my build and the adapter plate I built.  

FYI Rock auto shows this style under 98 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0L Good luck

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0573.PNG

Edited by 4mula-dlx

Wally, I stand corrected on the Wrangler reference. The two master cylinders have different bolt patterns, thus a common mounting plate is required. I made mine to mount to the housing first, then I tapped the holes for the Cherokee MC. there is not much room in that space. I retained the OEM mechanical in line brake switch.  Best to whoever goes this route. 

5 hours ago, pflaming said:

Wally, I stand corrected on the Wrangler reference. The two master cylinders have different bolt patterns, thus a common mounting plate is required. I made mine to mount to the housing first, then I tapped the holes for the Cherokee MC. there is not much room in that space. I retained the OEM mechanical in line brake switch.  Best to whoever goes this route. 

You say you made an adaptor vs just drilling two holes and mounting it that way? I'm hoping to use one of these on my 47 project but I believe the space is tighter than a pilot house

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

That should work but might be difficult to drill those holes wth the clutch housing in the frame. 

good point! might be my only option though....