'41 Bodge floor

Wiggo

OK, so today we started to strip out the wiring and the interior. This car was 'rebuilt' about 30 years ago, but that seems to have been exterior only. Maybe a year or so ago someone 'finished it off' by rewiring it with a 90's GM salvaged truck harness, tucking all the unused bits behind the dash. So occasionally, there would be a pop and a spark, and maybe a fuse would blow. Oh, and the interior came from an unknown 1990's hatchback.

Now, I know the chances of finding seats for one of these cars is less than remote, but I have acquired the interior from a 1966 Daimler V8, which has a slightly too wide rear seat than can be modified to fit, and a pair of front seats that meet in the middle to form a bench seat that is the perfect width. The best bit is that the Daimler leather is a perfect match for the original paint and carpet.

Anyhoo, we pulled the seats and carpet and found a lot of horrible looking patches in the floor. This one may take the biscuit, though, because to my eye, someone has replaced a section of the floor with half of a Jerry can. I'm not convinced that someone hasn't grafted in a new transmission tunnel either. What do y'all think? This is basically the floor pan of a 1941 Plymouth P11/P12...

floor.jpg

• Sad 1