local swap meet

Plymouthy Adams

Glad you found a good one this past weekend.

The weather in Texas was great, so we took a road trip to the "Big Country Swap Meet" in Abilene, TX.  Online, it is a jumping, great swap meet - in real life it was  a long drive to see a few sets of used, rusty headers, several used deer-grilles (aka brush guards) and some V8 Chevy parts.  Very few vendors.  Very disappointed.  They charged me $5 to park - they should have paid me to attend.  I will never go back.

For a road trip for me, the Pate (at Dallas Motor Speedway) and Decatur swap meets are large and worth going to.  The next two swap meets for me will be in New Braunfels (April) and Fredericksburg in July (fairly local, within 50 miles).  They don't always have stuff I need or want, but they live up to their advertising.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 7:31 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

is today and Saturday...so am off to shake some bushes and see what may or may not fall out...hopefully sell an item or two....this is our annual local spring event..8 miles up the road from my place.  

Don't let anything hit you....

meet over...all in all it was a good event.  Traffic slower on Saturday than normal, combination of spring break and Easter I guess.... as for the latter..

(\ (\

(= ‘.’)

0( “) “)

Happy Easter

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, Bobacuda said:

Glad you found a good one this past weekend.

The weather in Texas was great, so we took a road trip to the "Big Country Swap Meet" in Abilene, TX.  Online, it is a jumping, great swap meet - in real life it was  a long drive to see a few sets of used, rusty headers, several used deer-grilles (aka brush guards) and some V8 Chevy parts.  Very few vendors.  Very disappointed.  They charged me $5 to park - they should have paid me to attend.  I will never go back.

For a road trip for me, the Pate (at Dallas Motor Speedway) and Decatur swap meets are large and worth going to.  The next two swap meets for me will be in New Braunfels (April) and Fredericksburg in July (fairly local, within 50 miles).  They don't always have stuff I need or want, but they live up to their advertising.

hey Bob, those rusty headers made it to Oregon :lol:

Julie and I went yesterday to the Portland international speedway...... when will I learn!  2miles of track covered by "vendors", $10. to park, $7.ea to enter and seemed like 1/3 the folks were packing up from the rain and 35mph wind gusts.

5aca6e04a270b_swapmeet.jpg.010504041086c9af64186a0c82b1973a.jpg

all that "stuff" and I saw one pitted hood ornament......... but, I enjoyed the company  :)

sooooo glad the BBQ in CA is usually the same weekend 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the New Braunfels (TX) swap meet this past week end.  Always a good one.  Unfortunately, no old Mopar stuff; however there were two really nice driver's in the Car Corral - a '63 Buick convertible (V6) and a '62 Rambler convertible (with a great history).  Asking $7K for the Buick and $10K for the Rambler.  The photos will take me several posts

IMG_1138.JPG

Edited by Bobacuda

35 minutes ago, Bobacuda said:

I went to the New Braunfels (TX) swap meet this past week end.  Always a good one.  Unfortunately, no old Mopar stuff; however there were two really nice driver's in the Car Corral - a '63 Buick convertible (V6) and a '62 Rambler convertible (with a great history).  Asking $7K for the Buick and $10K for the Rambler.  The photos will take me several posts

See, Rambler can beat a GM car....in this case by 3000.00

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

here is one I was contemplating at the Portland swap meet a few weeks back.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/1965-dodge-town-wagon/6552007753.html

I was advised to stop contemplating it and forget it! :lol:

6 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

here is one I was contemplating at the Portland swap meet a few weeks back.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/1965-dodge-town-wagon/6552007753.html

I was advised to stop contemplating it and forget it! :lol:

I love these!

• Thanks 1