Cleaning Valves

yes...but are you going to be successful....lol   that is the question now.....keep your head on right, follow the book, keep it clean and standard shop protocols, it will turn out...easier than adjusting valves on 6 older style Briggs and Stratton engines...(stems get ground to adjust them)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Ok well then if I do need to take the valves out. What are you all using for a valve spring compresser. Send a link if you don't mind. I have done it on V8 before wasn't to hard. 

Or a photo that would help as well. 

Thanks

Edited by bambamshere

11 hours ago, bambamshere said:

Oh ok thank you. I was just looking at ebay seem like they used to have a lot of different types. Plus one of them sends international the other one doesn't. Thats the 2 links on here. 

Ebay always seems to have a few of each type for sale.  There is at least one other seller with a Sunnen compressor that will ship to Canada.  Just be sure to get one that uses a screw to open and close the jaws.  The pliers style are for small engines with weaker springs.

That K-D 700 might be a bit on the small side.  I don't have one, so can't confirm, but the jaw opening may not be big enough.  I know that a Blue Point (Snap-On) CF-49 works; I have a couple of different compressors for side valves, but the CF-49 is the one I grab first.

Here's a CF-49 on eBay that ends today.  No bids yet ($20 US to start) and will ship to Canada.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Point-automotive-valve-spring-compressor-CF-49/162961834591?epid=1523228377&hash=item25f148425f:g:xqUAAOSwMPxarEyr#shpCntId