special head bolts

homer41

There are 2 special head bolts on my 41 201. These bolts are used where the throttle linkage mounts to the engine. They appear to be same as the others except they are drilled and tapped to accept the mounting bolts for the linkage. I have checked and can not find new ones, anyone know where I can find new ones?   Dave

I am certain new ones are out there somewhere but how about welding a nut to the top of a regular bolt.  

A bit of hand work with a file  and it will do the job for you.

• Like 1

695426 is the MoPar part#...

No luck so far, I tried a google search with no finds. I have to look and see if the extra height gained from welding a nut on top of an existing bolt is acceptable, would welding comprimise the strength?  Dave

I used all new head bolts except for those. I put the old ones back in. 

But while I was pondering. I thought about using a stud then try and find a nut that might be longer than a standard nut. Screw that down and have enough on top to bolt my linkage into. Never went further than a thought though. 

I got my new head bolts from Andy Bernbaum’s. I remember they sent a setup for that allowed for that bolt. Might give them a call and ask about it. 

I use the wanted section to get some of my parts...seems to work well.

People here have a lot of parts for our cars and trucks.:)

• Thanks 1

Here is another solution.  Have two head studs made up with enough fine thread on top to put two nuts on each, one to hold the head, the other to hold the throttle assembly.

I could easily send you two used bolts but postage for packages of that size and weight is prohibitive.  For example  $11 to send a single differential housing bolt to PA

$19 to send an oil pump gear within Canada !  Two bolts from BC to Alaska would probably cost $ 20 which makes me very reluctant to offer.

Thanks for the offer, my old ones are still in the engine and I could reuse them but I would like new ones.  Dave

I would just use your old ones.... just look em over. Excess corrosion and thinning ... don't use it.

. I've only broke one on doing many flatheads over the last 40 years..