Motor ID needed

Hi All,

Looking at perhaps buying another flathead motor. The one I’m looking at has the serial number of T-314-9510....   The T-137 site lists it as either a 236 or a 251 from a B series 1.5 ton truck. The seller says it has what appears to be the full pressure oil system in it. The oil filter canister assembly is mounted to the side of the block not on the head like the by- pass system.  My question is this, did the truck 237 motor ever come equipped from the factory with the full flow system or did it only come with the by-pass system. I’d like to find a good rebuildable 265 in my neck of the woods, but they are hard to find. If I have to settle for a 251 I guess I would go with that.  This motor is frozen from not having been rotated in at least 20 years. It has been stored in a shed complete with all the manifolds, carb, etc present. If I can get it to rotate, I can check the stroke. It was supposedly a rebuilt motor with very few miles on it. That doesn’t matter to me since it would get the same rebuild treatment as the Ind-7 in my WC-12. Just want to make sure it is a 251 and not a 236. I have one of those already. LOL. Thanks for any info and or advice.

Joe