Camping

Hickory

4 hours ago, pflaming said:

On our 2016 9000 mile, non trailer, coast to coast, what we recall most vividly is RURAL America: the small towns across northern NY, the fantastic Farms in Wisconsin, Minnesota, the northern woods of Michigan, etc., so much to see!! 

and you didn't even stop to visit!

I have a 1200 lb 13 foot Boler that we tow with our 218. I have now done a disc brake conversion but prior we were drums all around, 2 lane hwys, not a performance demon but we tooled along at the posted speeds. I was attentive to my stopping distances with drums. Can't say yet with the disc improvement. Engine cooling was no troubles. I had a leaky rear seal so the clutched slipped a couple times but that should be fixed now too. My bigger concern was having a good hitch welded together that bolted to the car. 2" receiver.i found a skilled welderthta did one up for me in an afternoon for $200. I need to find pictures.....

IMG_0495.JPG

Edited by laynrubber
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, laynrubber said:

I have a 1200 lb 13 foot Boler that we tow with our 218. I have now done a disc brake conversion but prior we were drums all around, 2 lane hwys, not a performance demon but we tooled along at the posted speeds. I was attentive to my stopping distances with drums. Can't say yet with the disc improvement. Engine cooling was no troubles. I had a leaky rear seal so the clutched slipped a couple times but that should be fixed now too. My bigger concern was having a good hitch welded together that bolted to the car. 2" receiver.i found a skilled welderthta did one up for me in an afternoon for $200. I need to find pictures.....

IMG_0495.JPG

Very Cool.

But in your traffic area this could be possible.

In Saskatchewan and Manitoba the highways are not crazy like the big US Interstates or the freeways around the greater Toronto area.

You were pulling  at 100 kmh or slower?

My '51 Chevy had a ball mount with it that clamped and bolted to the rear bumper. It had a part number stamped in it, so it was at least an item in production.. Canned ham's started being built in the late 40's it seems, and cars were mostly the tow vehicles, so I wouldn't worry. Mopar likely had towing in mind when the car was going down the assembly line

13 hours ago, pflaming said:

Fargo , I didn't know of you. I visited with a man whose back yard was the River that can flood. He had two very nice Desotas.

IMG_4733.JPG

Desotas Paul?

You sent me a PM before you enbarked on the trip. 

Perhaps you forgot?

Not a big deal as i work shift work, my family is still young and in summer were quite busy..

I know all about northern New York, it is beautiful. My true love lately is camping Vermont and new Hampshire. Plans are to relocate to Vermont after 55 yrs of living in this beautiful upstate NY that is way to taxed and political. I like the way things use to be, simple!