Clutch replacements

Danclem007

Hey, my 52 Plymouth has a 9.25" clutch disc in it. Can I use a Desoto 10" disc plate with the 9.25 pressure plate? The skylines and shaft size are the same. I don't know if the Desoto disc is actually 10inches or 9 something inches and it's called a 10 inch.

I measured my 9.25 pressure plate and a 10" clutch disk will not fit in, if that is what you are trying to do.

Why not stay with a matching new 9.25 clutch and pressure plate?

Most flywheels are drilled for 9-1/4" and 10" Clutch covers. 1" X 10 Spline count.

I dug around and put a 10 inch in my car. I had a lot of trouble finding the 10 inch disc. The clutch cover was the easy part. Just remember unless these are completely destroyed they (both disc and cover) can be rebuilt. I think the 10 discs were tossed out over the years and have become rarer to find over the years as a result.

Edited by Dartgame

I have a 10 inch clutch plate in my 39 Desoto and that was standard.  I also see on ebay the 10 inch clutch disk being sold allthe time.  They are still available alsong with the Borg and Beck pressure plate that are rebuilt.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com