Who Is Actually Driving Their Vintage Mopars?

55 Fargo

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Where in Tennessee do you live?

Tags1.jpg

Murfreesboro, 22 miles southeast of Nashville. I would love to have one of those old license plates. I still remember when the first number of the plates designated the county with the largest population. Those plates were from Memphis. 2 was Nashville. 3 was Knoxville. 4 was Chattanooga.

8 hours ago, Cold Blue said:

Murfreesboro, 22 miles southeast of Nashville. I would love to have one of those old license plates. I still remember when the first number of the plates designated the county with the largest population. Those plates were from Memphis. 2 was Nashville. 3 was Knoxville. 4 was Chattanooga.

Check your private message box.

My wife and I love driving our 48 dodge 2 dr sedan. We go to cruise-ins, car events and just out to eat when the weather is nice. I just put a 8-3/4 rear end in it with 3.55 gears to make it more comfortable driving longer distances. 230 flathead, fluid drive and still running 6v positive ground. I just put a powermaster generator looking alternator and what a difference! 

pixlr9520170610175723934.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I drive my '39 business coupe everywhere. In 3 years I have already put 22k miles on it, mostly cruisin highways at 63 - 65 with my stock 3.9 rear end, 3 speed (no OD) and slightly hopped up 218.  Just drove it 170 miles each way over mountain passes last weekend to go to a parade in Wenatchee WA.  Also drive it 60 miles round trip on freeway to work all the time too. Would drive it every day if gas wasn't $3.49 a gallon here..

Here is a video of her crossing the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma, WA close to where I live:

received_474119286661996.jpeg

Edited by Polsonator2
  • Like 3

Took my 1950 Chrysler Woodie for a drive yesterday....

C49 Woodie Aspenwood May 7 2019 (13).JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Tamisha and I took off work Friday and cruised on up to Fort Wayne to meet up with the Hoosier Plymouth Club for lunch, then on up to the Auburn Cord Duesenburg Museum. Met some new friends, Tamisha fell in love with the Duesys, and had a great time overall. Just short of 300 miles round trip, roughly 14.5mpg. It was a great way to spend a Friday!

IMG_20190517_102530-01.thumb.jpg.fb78eb1e16fec3273065097b9868ad71.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few years back I want down state to visit with the late Bob Drown and attend their local car show.  Since it was early fall and I wanted to minimize the amount of night driving I would do, I plotted a return trip as close as possible to as the crow flies.  I don't remember without a map what roads I traveled, but being it was a nice road and a nice day, I pulled over to set up my camera to record a portion.  This road was climbing up the foothills of the southwestern corner of the Catskill Mountains.  As I was pulled over a Toyota pick up went by going a bit above the 55 mph state speed limit.  By t he time I got the camera situated and recording the pick up had. 30 to 40 second lead.  So I made it my mission to see if I could catch him before he got to the top of the hill.  Roll down the window, put your elbow on the door frame and enjoy Catch that Pickup.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 4

I drove a ‘38 P6 forward and back in the driveway many times. Through all the gears. It works well! Finally I said “wrap it up.”  

I really look forward to driving this one regularly. I’ll be a tough decision. My ‘38 or my ‘53? Darn I love these cars. Every single one of ‘em here. Keep the posts coming!

665CF58B-5B83-4E59-8E87-6CF7E63D6BE3.jpeg

DCAAAD3D-A1F9-4187-8E18-C19FE1C392E7.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 5

On the way to the Mid North Coast Hot Rod Clubs monthly run 3 weeks ago..........theres a pic of some old bastard driving the car there........and in pic #3 between the pink bucket and the green Model A you can just make out the 'ol brown turd at last weekends MNCHRC Lazy WinteRun.............regards, andyd

P1010409.JPG

P1010415.JPG

P1010436.JPG

• Like 3

I went to WI and retrieved my coupe from storage last thursday. Hooked the battery back up -fired on the third try. Clicked off 120miles no problem.  

IMG_20190516_191247_01.jpg

• Like 3