1955 c3c, Questions about rusted out area in the cab behind the seat

Rjpond

I’m slowly making progress, the frame is done, new brake parts and lines, new shocks and many small steps. I have probably made several mistakes that I haven’t realized yet, but I’m having a great time

After sandblasting the frame, I used the KBS rust seal which I was impressed with. I had some sealer left so I used it up on the cab floor which I will eventually top coat with paint. In the area behind the seat the lower part (seam) of the cab is rusted through. What is the best way to fix this area?

Thanks

0611AA88-A472-4A4D-A703-D8F847FE662A.jpeg

F7DCF524-9588-4F84-87E0-67D9C3F9D9F1.jpeg

I’ll google the 3M panel bond and learn about that procedure. My knowledge about welding is limited and my personal hands on experience with welding is a big zero. I wouldn’t mind learning how to weld but I don’t know if welding in sheet metal patches is a good starting point for an inexperienced person???

Thanks

13 hours ago, Rjpond said:

I’ll google the 3M panel bond and learn about that procedure. My knowledge about welding is limited and my personal hands on experience with welding is a big zero. I wouldn’t mind learning how to weld but I don’t know if welding in sheet metal patches is a good starting point for an inexperienced person???

Thanks

gotta start somewhere!  If you can weld sheetmetal you can weld anything.  Get some scrap pieces and learn, or look for a local place that might have some free or inexpensive classes.  Really MIG welding isn't that hard.