Get together?

Just wondering how many of you truck owners would be interested in having a get together in Southern Illinois Shawnee National Forest? I would be glad to act as host. We have the Sahara Woods State Wildlife Preserve 3 miles from us. There is small boating, fishing lake there. Plenty of hiking trails and bicycle trail that runs some 60+ miles. (Tunnel Hill State Trail) Or there is Fern Clyffe Forest preserve 20 miles from us that has camping and hiking trails. There are several other options depending on what side activities people would want to do. Could plan it for this summer/fall or next spring. Easy access to Southern Illinois via 64, 57, 24, 70. 

We would enjoy attending those such events in California or Utah but don't think we could make the drive in our 60+ year old truck. The truck would make it. Ok, we are spoiled by todays automotive comforts. I just thought it would be interesting to start an annual event here in the midwest. Well, quite frankly our coal mining communities could use a shot in the arm. Give me some feedback, thoughts, ideas.

• Like 1

It's only 2100 miles to Clements, Ca. That is only 5, 400 mile drives. Included in the two routes, northern and southern, are Route 66, Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, NM, Branson, MO., southern route. The black Hills, Mt Rushmore, Rocky Mts, Yosemite on the northern route. It would be a trip you would never forget and in the middle the GREATEST PILOTHOUSE BBQ ANYWHERE. 

To meet Tim and Stef alone would be worth the effort. 

I think that would be a great idea! There's nothing like getting a bunch of like minded people together with old dodge "whatevers"...lol

I'd be happy to share any insight I have about putting one of these together. In fact I owe a trip to a bunch of members out that way.....

So maybe I'd see you guys there!

48D

Sounds good. You're about 550 miles from me. It would be quite a drive. However, I do plan on being down that way with my truck later this summer. We plan to attend the WPC Club meet in Chattanooga, TN the week after Labor Day. Might even spend a day in Nashville on our way there.

Done the road trip to California many a time. Twice in 2017. With a modern car it is quite a trip. Done the sight seeing thing along the way. So I know the wonders of the West. I saw more old Dodge trucks out West than I have anywhere else. I will put together an EVENT. All I need to do is come up with a weekend. Let me think on it for a few days. 

I tried twice. Very greatful to have Merle and Mark show but that was it. We put on a luau with 200 people with camping available and it just doesn’t seem to be a big hit for the dodge guys. Again still very glad for the ones that made it.