Door latch and striker for 52 plymouth

Dartgame

Just a guess, but I think the latch (lock) was painted. Yesterday I removed the latch from a 1951 or 1952 Plymouth convertible door. The inner door frame still has it's original mint green or Nile green paint. It appears that they assembled as much of the door as they could before painting, The latch goes in first, then the rear glass channel. The latch remote control rod was assembled to the door shell as well as the window regulator regulator, the door hinges were attached to the shell, and the door was painted. These components all were painted on this door. Then door glass, stops, vent window, handle, lock, even the little wedge on the door jamb were attached to the painted door. If the door and striker were adjusted prior to painting, I'd guess the striker was painted as well, but maybe not if final door adjustments had to be made later. There are traces of green paint on the latch rotor, but only on one tooth which makes sense as only it was exposed. If this door was a later replacement, who knows. There has to be someone here with an original paint car who can shed more light on this.

DSC08439.jpeg

every one I have ever seen was painted the original body colour and I have been involved with these cars since the mid 50s,