Tappet Wrench

Lol ya I could buy them on ebay and pay a bunch of money to send them here or I can save a buck and try and find them here or I will just use normal wrenches and save the money for something else. We all don't have a endless supply of money. 

On 14/03/2018 at 10:55 PM, 4mula-dlx said:

I just used my plain mastercraft set from Ctire...no matter what you have it's a bear of a job.  IMO...if I was to do it again, I would heat up the engine and then shut it off and adjust...this adjusting while running stuff is for the birds...not to mention tough on your feeler gauge set. 

I agree with 4mula-dlx.I already did this work.Withdrew the inner fender,used short wrenchs,not glove.Not running never.

Like I said use regular wrenches. This thread goes on too long to get a little one time job done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get frustrated at some of the threads that go on and on ...getting nothing accomplished. just online endless chit chat..

I go out and find the answer then get thrown to the curb.

I'm the type of person who asks a couple questions... then knows where to search on my own... then quickly makde a good decision and get the task done.. efficiently. Task finished.

Move on to the next. Done   .Oh... and the money factor.... I will spend the money to buy any tools needed.

Get something done. Not wanting to waste a month because I want to save $ 5.00.

I'm not rich nor poor. I know when and when not to spend on tools. I like lotsa tools and buy good tools and have tons of them

Now you should quickly buy some tappet wrenches and get those tappets adjusted!

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
spelling corrections
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Listen I am not trying to be a a**hole. I just don't understand the not chit chat thing. I really enjoy listening to other peoples thoughts and opinions on a variety of things. Yes sometimes the post goes to far but if someone wants to make make a contribution to the post so be it. 

I will still be going to that place to see if they have those wrenches incase someone wants them. 

Thank You for your contribution to this post. 

• Like 1

Added after looking up the price of the Armstrong set: 

fYI  a 2lb package via USPS to Manitoba from the central USA is only $14US. 

Or, look at this one: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRAFTSMAN-TAPPET-Wrench-Set-SAE-STD-5pc-OBSTRUCTION-Wrench-FULL-POLISH-903/352303674363?hash=item5206ef73fb:g:lTwAAOSwEetV9j8g

and note shipping info

Edited by kencombs

A search for- tappet wrenches for sale-canada got some responses like this one,  :confused:

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/category/Open-End-Wrench-Sets/Wrenches/c/26853

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

So I call Acklands Grainder and Fastenal to see if I could get the tappet wrenches from them. Which I see on both there websites and neither sell to public. On to buying cheap wrenches and grinding them down. Oh well next 

34 minutes ago, bambamshere said:

So I call Acklands Grainder and Fastenal to see if I could get the tappet wrenches from them. Which I see on both there websites and neither sell to public. On to buying cheap wrenches and grinding them down. Oh well next 

honestly if you aren't going to use them a lot, it's the best option.