Sbc in 50 plymouth

Pushrod Scott

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

Don,maybe it's just my bad luck,but every woman I have ever lived with came to the conclusion that there were two types of money in the house. "Our money" and "HER money".

As long as the bills are paid, my wife doesn't give a rats behind what I buy or how much it costs.

Greg

• Like 1

Key word-lived with?

Sorry to get maybe out of bounds with this post? 

To be honest-never worked out good for me.:(

Edited by DJ194950
my expanation

12 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Key word-lived with?

To be honest-never worked out good for 

I have known many great couple's who did not take wedding  vows and lived very happy lives.

The piece of paper does not guarantee happiness and success....

Living at different addresses and own bank accounts works for many too.

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire
Being more sensitive

10 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Key word-lived with?

To be honest-never worked out good for me.:(

I am not Ricky Ricardo,and I will NOT live with Lucy. When life gets to the point where I don't want to come home after work,changes WILL be made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only relevance the recent above comments have to the topic is that you  blokes are anticipating that this will be the domestic situation of the OP when he commence his engine swap...:)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Here is a real motor sicle.

rfull.gif

OMG!!! If that sickle ever tipped over, it would take a crane to get it upright. Better hope those crash bars hold, or an amputation is next. In the background I see a Blatz beer sign. It came in short stubby bottles, and they were advertised as glass cans. It’s what we bought as youngsters because it was the cheapest in our area. 

Edited by Mike36

Wild Bill Gelbke. He's a legend... I think Buzz Walneck had Roaddog a few years ago..

edit to add

Google's great!! Found a link...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-07-08/travel/0107080025_1_motorcycle-troopers-trader-publishing

Edited by MackTheFinger
  • Like 1

Staying on topic (sorta), a nice enterprising chap in London, Ingerland decided to put a blown big block MoPar V8 in a mo'sickle...

The unique bike was created in a home garage, spawned from the unusual marriage of convenience and naiveté, says its builder. Argyle was searching for a much smaller project after selling the chassis of his monster-truck.
He said: "I didn't have the same workshop space I had when I built the truck. I only had the house garage so it had to be a bike.
"I was going to buy a new engine for the project but my wife told me to use the one that was still in the garage – the monster-truck engine! Despite its size, I thought 'Why not?'"

Rapom V8 specifications

Engine: 8193cc Mopar big block, tuned by ICE Racing.
Supercharger: 8.71 Littlefield blower.
Power: 750-900kW depending on blower speed and fuel used.
Gearbox: Two-speed and reverse API gearbox.
Frame: 32mm-diameter steel tube using the motor as a stressed member, kept short by running the blower belt through forks.
Wheels: 15 x 5.5 Prostar with 180/70 Metzeler Marathon at front, 15 x 15 Prostar with 29x18.5 Micky Thompson Sportsman Pro at rear.
Brakes: Dual Harrison "Big" billet six-piston callipers at front, Harrison "Mini" billet six-piston calliper at rear.
Builder: Nick Argyle.

mosterv8a.GIF

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Here is a real motor sicle.

rfull.gif

Does that thing have to watch the load limit signs?

Seems like Roaddog was slant 6 powered.  I read an article about it in Walnecks Cycle Trader years ago. I think it had hydraulic jacks that help hold it up. It was also on the American Pickers show . They told a bit about Wild Bill's life story. One of the better picker episodes.

Off topic, but don't forget about the motor city madman!!!!   LOL

He built some cool stuff!

Now that you are back on track you might change the title of the thread.

Is the 318 and 904 an assembly or from two sources? If together, then be damn sure to keep the throttle pressure governor linkage in place as you develop you swap.

If you are getting them from separate sources then find out if either has the linkage, you will need it.

Operating the transmission (driving the car) without the linkage in place (and properly adjusted) will destroy the trans.

10 minutes ago, wayfarer said:

Is the 318 and 904 an assembly or from two sources? If together, then be damn sure to keep the throttle pressure governor linkage in place as you develop you swap.

If you are getting them from separate sources then find out if either has the linkage, you will need it.

Operating the transmission (driving the car) without the linkage in place (and properly adjusted) will destroy the trans.

Doesnt Lokar have the aftermarket throttle kick down assembly?

Stock linkage style is probably best and cheapest if its there.

Good points though some people dont know this and ruin their transmissions.

3 hours ago, wayfarer said:

Hmmm,is this also true of the 2 speed Powerflite transmissions? I can't remember seeing any special linkage on one of them.

7 hours ago, Pushrod Scott said:

I now have an engine lined up and a good 904, 500 bucks for all!!!

So $500 for the 318/904, how much do you have for the rest of the conversion? $2000, $4000?

9 minutes ago, maok said:

So $500 for the 318/904, how much do you have for the rest of the conversion? $2000, $4000?

make some motor mounts or buy them, put in a trans crossmember from the salvage yard, rework the driveshaft, Radiator, rewire for 12.......might as well put in a modern rear axle, transmission cooler, finding a exhaust manifold that fits the driver's side...I'm sure I'm missing something.

2 minutes ago, Frank Elder said:

make some motor mounts or buy them, put in a trans crossmember from the salvage yard, rework the driveshaft, Radiator, rewire for 12.......might as well put in a modern rear axle, transmission cooler, finding a exhaust manifold that fits the driver's side...I'm sure I'm missing something.

Will the steering work? Pedal assembly? Hand/emergency brake? And how long will it take?

29 minutes ago, maok said:

I have no clue why you would think the rest of the conversion would run 2000 to 4000 dollars.....but...if the man does farm it out...then yes to that end it could run a bit of coin....

Seems some like to piss in other Wheaties!  :rolleyes:

Stock steering clearance? Trans mount? Can he weld or have others do it?  Here is a motor mount kit, trans mount kit to fit with 1" passenger offset for $300.

http://www.butchscoolstuff.com/eng-trans-mounting-kits-4/

DJ

2188CPB_1__94440.1406031734.220.290.jpg

• Like 3