Too far gone?

Steven Dell Brown

12 hours ago, Steven Dell Brown said:

I plan to make memories with my son that will be carried on with his son and his son and his son...

My son is in his mid 40s. We've worked together, made motorcycle road trips together, scrounged around in swap meets, you name it... We went everywhere together.. He told me a few years ago that he went places with me as a little kid that he'd think twice about going to as an adult.. I'm a slightly more respectable citizen now and no longer involved in that lifestyle to that extent.. Those were good days and hopefully informative for the kid... Maybe he learned that every dog has it's day.. :)

Hope your project goes well..

Edited by MackTheFinger
speling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am parting out a car right now....while laying across the threshold to get to an item beneath the dash...whamo..the left rocker broke and the body folded a bit....its a lift off targa top so no damage there but certainly makes handling the car a bit more labor intensive.   Once I remove the wiring harness and couple other items of interest...I will just cut across the opening and remove the suspension very easily.  You do what you got to do....it is amazing the very support the roof gives to these old cars..

35 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I am parting out a car right now....while laying across the threshold to get to an item beneath the dash...whamo..the left rocker broke and the body folded a bit....its a lift off targa top so no damage there but certainly makes handling the car a bit more labor intensive.   Once I remove the wiring harness and couple other items of interest...I will just cut across the opening and remove the suspension very easily.  You do what you got to do....it is amazing the very support the roof gives to these old cars..

Only guy I ever heard of that could crush a car by lying on it! 

41 minutes ago, Mike36 said:

Only guy I ever heard of that could crush a car by lying on it! 

WHEN YOU'RE GOOD...YOU'RE GOOD....

this car would never have been at my house excepting it was given to me as part of another deal..as in, take it with you, complete with engine tranny etc...just a goner..however, many many nice donor parts that will allow me to build a nice unit from two as I found a solid stripped body for low dollar.....I am extracting the wiring harness and brite trim now...all in a day's fun...!