Body Mounts on P15

tollertdi

I'm restoring a '48 Plymouth 4dr.  I've ordered and received the Body Mounts from Steele but no one sells the 4 Square "shims" (located at frame station #2 and #9) and the round "shims" in the very front of the Body (mount station #1).

Does anyone know where to get these?  I can custom make them but I don't know how to size the appropriate thickness.

Can you take a photo of the original or are you missing them completely?

I restored mine and took a few photos, but mine was totaled in the fifties and different parts were added. Like an axle from a 47 Plymouth truck and only one body mount in the trunk above the rear axle.

49 rear axle done.jpg

frame.jpg

Install the mounts you can find and install shims on the ones you can't until you get the proper thickness.......unstack one set of shims at a time and measure, that will get you the proper height....pick your material so it doesn't compress too easy.

EDIT

Must be mounting body not just placing biscuits....lol.

Edited by Frank Elder

Just an idea. I would check a shop that does alignments on heavy and medium duty trucks. They use washer and u-shaped shims of varying thicknesses when setting drive axle alignment. Older car shops may have similar shims too that were used for front end alignments. Hope that helps.