found source for bolt in dual master cylinder

casper50

3 hours ago, casper50 said:

FOund this the other day.  Someone wants one I'm sure.

http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/chrysler_master_assemblies.html

I used their kit in my 49 Wayfarer and I’m very pleased with it.

• Like 1

WOW...that looks like a great solution for my 48 Dodge!  I called the technical support for ECI and they said it would work with both 3 speed and fluid drive.  You get an additional bracket if you have the fluid drive to make it fit.  I plan on ordering one for my car when the time comes...

Thanks for posting casper50!

On 3/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, casper50 said:

FOund this the other day.  Someone wants one I'm sure.

http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/chrysler_master_assemblies.html

just ordered one last week, along with their front disc conversion. i hope to have it in before the end of next week.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, casper50 said:

did you have to cut another hole in the floor and did it end up under the seat area?

I cut some bad sections of flooring where the foot area is, and did not have to go under the seat area.

The only bracket I had to install, was the blue piece.    I made the push rod longer also.....

The new Mustang II MC worked great....

48 dodge r.jpg

48 brake g.jpg

• Like 2

I've been in touch with ECI three times about their kit for my 48. All 3 times they wouldn't take my order. All I want is their bracket. They take issue with the rear brakes  (8.8 explorer disc). Their mc isn't set up for that.  I explain I'm going with a wilwood remote reservoir mc and they pretty much hangup on me. I've heard they got the kinks worked out pedal alignment, etc. Another group I'm in a guy bought one and had severe issues with thw trans being in the way. 

A brake system is a pretty simple hydraulic set up. I just want a simple install. Not trying to figure the geometry out to build one from scratch.  

Don Coatney since its been a few years since you're install how has it performed? Any issues with hardware or brackets? Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Once I got the bugs worked out the system works fine.

Thanks for all the info, Don. UPS should be dropping off my kit at anytime today.

My car is AP 20. And, if I’m not mistaken, my clutch pedal does not attach to my master. I hope that I have less trouble than you did, and hopefully they have worked out the kinks. 

This whole kit, with the disc brake conversion, and the master set up, cost me a pretty penny. I hope it is a smooth install. I am happy to hear that in the end, your system works fine. That puts me at ease a little.

3 hours ago, Robert Horne said:

I cut some bad sections of flooring where the foot area is, and did not have to go under the seat area.

The only bracket I had to install, was the blue piece.    I made the push rod longer also.....

The new Mustang II MC worked great....

48 dodge r.jpg

48 brake g.jpg

I like the simplicity of this setup.. The only thing I'd prefer would be a m/c with a remote reservoir. Maybe something like this with reservoirs in the engine compartment on the firewall..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Master-Cylinder-Dorman-M390584/232545947770?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Once I got the bugs worked out the system works fine.

I read thru the KRAP post. I'll just tell them I'm running a front disc rear drum set up. Get my bracket and hope for the best.  Need to get that so i can get it finished. Thanks for the link and in depth look at issues and fixes. 

• Like 1