Useable part, Boat Anchor or Conversation Piece

Picked up a used Chrysler OEM 25” Aluminium Cylinder Head. CC#695798 on E-Bay. Seller claimed all threaded holes were decent. We shall see. Hey, I can always paint it and display it along with my other 23” and 25” heads in my “Man Cave”. LOL. Will post pic’s of it when it arrives. 

14 minutes ago, jeffsunzeri said:

OEM?  I didn't know MoPar made those. Even if threads are bad (just two for the thermostat housing) it would still be a great find. Aluminum can be more easily repaired than cast iron. Photo?

Threads for the temperature gauge bulb, threads for the oil filter mount, threads for the coil mount bracket, threads for the fill tube support, threads for the pipe plug on top of cylinder #6, and of course spark plug threaded holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if its the same one I had and sold on Ebay about 2 years ago? If it is, I think you are good to go as far as threads go unless something happened to it in the last 2 years. I had it for several years with intentions of using it and never did.

I believe it went to somewhere in Michigan at that time...

Edited by HotRodTractor

Hi Greg g,

After doing a little research on the net,  you are absolutely correct. The 1934 Desoto Airflow with the 241 Flathead 6 came with an Aluminium Head. Very interesting reading. I would imagine that this head could be ordered on Conventional Design Chrysler cars with the 6 cylinder engine also. Will do more research. Thanks for the heads up.

The Head arrived today. All the threaded holes look good. There is a tag on it that says "37-41 Chrysler Alum. Good Used". Hope the tag is telling the truth. LOL. Will have it checked out at the machine shop, and if good, will install on the IND-7. Will not look as good as the '41 Spitfire head, but should be a good conversation piece at the vehicle shows.  Here are some photos of it.

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

We will see... I am trying to get her finished. As I mentioned in the post on my build thread, "Just because it came with an optional V8, does not mean that a V8 will bolt in easily". I am running into that on all the little details! I still have no idea what I will do about exhaust. Its looking like I wont have enough room on the driver side to get over the axle and between all the linkages and it will be sketchy to get two down the passenger side. But I will post up on the Clements thread if I can get it figured out by then.

• Like 1