Fit of oil fill / breather tube & dip stick tube

MikeMalibu

The oil fill tube on my car seems like a lose fit. I can remove & re-install easily. Is it suppose to be a tight press-fit? Is there an o-ring gasket or other oil seal, or am I over thinking this fit?

The oil dip stick extension  tube has sheared at the block. Is there a source for this part? I have a stock 1949 P17 with P18 block. 

Thanks for the help. 

Edited by MikeMalibu

A small block Chevy dip stick tube will fit. You'll have to cut the  tube to the same height of the old tube if you're going to use your old dipstick.  The broken piece in the block can be a challenge. Two ways. Get a broken bolt extractor kit and sometimes you counter sink it into the broken tube and if you have enough bite you can work it out. You can use a small chisel and if there's enough of the tube above the block drive it toward the center and then use some small plyers to clamp onto and work it out or the lazy way and center punch it down into the block or falls into the pan