help me find sbc swap into 50 plymouth links

Pushrod Scott

3 hours ago, Mike36 said:

I did not tell him to go to the HAMB, I said he would be better served there with the questions he has. And he will. If my wording is too complex for you, let me know and I will simplify it. 

Yes, please by all means simplify what you meant. Oh in case you forgot I’ll repost it below so you can break it down for all of us.....

On 3/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, Mike36 said:

You would be better served asking on the Hamb. This site is for those that appreciate the old Mopars, and enjoy saving them. Sbc’s are not much respected here. 

I didn’t see any restrictions on what GTK allows as modified. 

Edited by Adam H P15 D30
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

Yes, please by all means simplify what you meant. Oh in case you forgot I’ll repost it below so you can break it down for all of us.....

I didn’t see any restrictions on what GTK allows as modified. 

I won’t need to “ break it down for all of us “, as you seem to be the only one who doesn’t understand. The man asked for info and pic’s on installing a sbc in a ‘50 Ply. With me so far? Since there is almost none of that discussed here, I tried to help him out by telling him where that type of info is common topic. In the posts you’ve made, which one helps him find what he was asking for?  I did not tell him he wasn’t welcome here. Did you read the first answer he got? I think if you read ALL the answers, the only one that tried to help him find his “ info and pic’s “, was mine. It sure wasn’t yours.

It's his car and he can build it however he wants. As far as helpful information, I think the best was sending him to Butch's website ( a supplier who not only advertises on this site but also sells mounts for the SBC install). As far as saving an old Mopar goes, anytime you keep an old car running regardless of motor choice you have saved it from the crusher.  In the 50's and 60's guys were putting Cadillac, Buick and Oldsmobile engines and Hemi's in anything as long as it made the car go faster and looked cool. I remember when people were putting big block Chevy's in early GTO's. I couldn't believe they were doing that. I've been on this forum almost 20 years and most times I say nothing because a question has been answered before I see it. The purpose of this forum is to share information. Bottom line in my opinion is if you can't give a constructive answer, don't answer at all. 

11 hours ago, maok said:

What about insurance implications?

Insurance companies being what they are I wouldn't be surprised if they denied coverage if the vehicle was highly modified but I doubt changing an engine or installing a subframe would make a difference. Homebuilts or kit vehicles require Highway Patrol inspection here but they mainly want to make sure that the vehicle isn't an assemblage of stolen parts.