C-3-B FORUMS

SCD

Anybody know of any C-3 truck forums. This Pilot House forum  is great, but would like to find one keyed to the C-3 or C-1 trucks.

Thanks Steve

check out AACA sites.

I own a C series truck and this site works for me.

What are you hoping to achieve with a 1954 to 56 truck site?

Besides the cab, nose and frame shape not much difference.

You will be very hard pressed to find more knowledge on flathead powered cars and trucks than whats on this site

....good luck

20180309_142654_resized_1.jpg

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

I know there aren’t very many of us on here with the C Series trucks, but the guys have all been a great help and wealth of knowledge. I haven’t seen much on the net for sites dedicated to the C series over the years.

4D99E879-8CB6-494D-A016-D742C05B1123.jpeg

I realize that this a great site and the trucks are basicly the same .  I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Steve

I don't know how much I speak for others but this group has evolved to be more inclusive quite a bit since I found it about 7 years ago. One of the real strengths of this group is that it populated by folks that truly care about helping each other out. I am pretty sure that if you ask questions about any older Mopar product here..... no one is going to be offended and you will get the info or answers you are looking for. Also as more C series owners participate here the series specific data will grow.

Jeff

1 hour ago, SCD said:

I realize that this a great site and the trucks are basicly the same .  I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Steve

If you want to moderate it we could start a club with the C series focus. Just click on the Club tab to get and idea of what's available. 

I did this truck all my self, paint ,frame off, finding interior parts,trans,rearend,brakes,suspension, wood bed. The truck was born with the shifter on the colunm, but had a 3 speed floor shift trans in it when purchased. Finding the right trans and linkage for the truck was endless, but after a year I had success.
  I purchased all the info I could find at car shows swap meets for 40 years for the C3.I have a lot of info to share and learn thats why I'am here.
Auto forums are the only social media that I participate in.
Sorry I came across like that but I didn't mean it that way.
Steve

1 hour ago, SCD said:
  I did this truck all my self, paint ,frame off, finding interior parts,trans,rearend,brakes,suspension, wood bed. The truck was born with the shifter on the colunm, but had a 3 speed floor shift trans in it when purchased. Finding the right trans and linkage for the truck was endless, but after a year I had success.
  I purchased all the info I could find at car shows swap meets for 40 years for the C3.I have a lot of info to share and learn thats why I'am here.
Auto forums are the only social media that I participate in.
Sorry I came across like that but I didn't mean it that way.
Steve

No big deal.

You want a purist type site perhaps focussing on "restoration" check out the AACA Dodge truck sites possibly.

You got a mixed bag of restored, OEM, modified and all out frame and powertrain upgrades on here.

My C series Fargo is modified and would not care for pure stock

But others want a showroom quailty resto job.

At any rate think you will find this is the best game in town regarding old Dodge trucks.

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

It is great to see more C series trucks appearing here. I am surprised to see such a difference between our Aussie C series trucks and those across the pond - ours seem to be more based on the B series trucks.

I've had a 56 C series DeSoto 1/2 ton sitting in my shed for many years, and it is a very different truck than those others which I see. Maybe one of these days I will get around to fixing that old truck up... but Wifey tells me that I am restoring my last truck (53 Dodge coupe truck) at present!

56 Desoto and 53 Dodge coupe.JPG

56 Desoto 2.JPG

56 Desoto 1.JPG

3 hours ago, 59bisquik said:

Wow DesotoDav! I really love that chrome trim around the grill! That is awesome!

That surround trim is standard equipment on our trucks... I have the same on my E series suburban truck.

I have a stainless trim which goes between the nosecone emblem and the hood emblem and will install that down the track as I reckon it will look better than the old rusty body-colored piece in there at present. It's funny just how different our trucks are in that area... but then you guys didn't get DeSoto trucks over there either!

Edited by Desotodav

On 3/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, 59bisquik said:

Looks like I will be searching Aussie eBay to find one of those!

If you happen to find two, let me know.  I live far enough from you that we wouldn't "wear the same dress to the party".  

• Like 1

Good for you. I am not much for social media either. Everyone should watch the recent XFiles episode " Rm9sbG93ZXJz  ", even if you are not a fan of the show. Whether you find another forum or not, stick with us also. You and your truck seem to be our kind of people!

X files a great show  I am glad they brought it back.  I have been spending about 2 hours a day reading tech articles and posts. I plan on reading them all. The best one is about the high spot on the steering box. I adjusted my box years ago an found that spot when my wheels were a 1/4 turn off of center so I just backed the box off.  I also found that my caster shims were in back wards.  When I get my truck out of   storage I am going to check that box again and maybe tear it apart.