New Wheel Cylinder Leaking

Dennis Detweiler

I can't be sure, but for the price? Likely. Consider a few new seals and a quick hone. Cheap and easy to do at home if you have a few tools and a drill.

They sure are...Chineesy......and they will leak.. nearly all 2017...2018 Chinese W/cylinders will leak soon enough... sad situation.

Wish we could easily find good ole quality US cylinders.:(

I always sleeve them now days using up US made rubber. Not too easy to find that either.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
spelling

unfortunately this seems to be the norm today and with the already higher cost of parts, the lower quality of parts and the resulting rework is driving costs to the point that upgrading to disc and modern rear axle is truly a plus howbeit a sacrifice of originality.  What makes matters worse if for the poor guy who has neither the tools, time or skill set to do this himself...the cost just went way out of pocket for an failure your cannot recover you money on due to the cost of labor, given, you can even exchange the failed item.  

Well shazam! I think I'll just buy a front disc conversion kit. At least the quality of the brakes will be on the front half of the car and worry about the rear later. The rear axle is a late 40's early 50's Plymouth. Which conversion kit do you recommend? 

Maybe we'll start opening more factories in the U.S. in the near future and we won't have to depend on China for new junk products. I'd rather pay more for quality and service.

I'm capable of doing my own mechanic work, short of machining my own parts.

As dodgeb4ya clearly pointed out, often it is the better deal to sleeve existing known USA products verse sinking money in poor re-pops.  As for the disc kits, there are numerous makers and copy cats selling.  I still think overall for time and money that a look into rustyhope's kit is time and money well spent.  However, do your homework...some require a tad of work over and above simple bolt on.  Either way, good luck.