1942 chrysler windsor

Adrian41D-19

Hello everybody what a rare find i got here !  a 1942 windsor, canadian built, but the cnadian and american chrysler are the same but i wanna be sure of this someone have details about this?

here my new 42 chrysler ^^

IMG_5945.JPG.21c686085882d710ddec73bbfc7dac56.JPGIMG_5943.JPG.3d62b94b7eae7fc65e6323eb821afe04.JPGIMG_5947.JPG.e4bd269bbc90ee798c048aa2f463ee9c.JPGIMG_5946.JPG.7586095ae1a7ad7171cff41b6f54634a.JPG

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

on the lower rear fender, is that some sort of latch to keep the rear door open.....or tie down point for some other application...?  

what you talking about? the thing on the fender just under the vent window? this is a little light

lower fender, sorry, no just paint chip i think the original color was black

Edited by Adrian41D-19

33 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Canadian built, shipped over to France? Is that where you are? Cool car. Nice find. Does it run? What are your plans with it?

yes canadian ship to france and i find it recently, the guy who find this car in manitoba buy it after 40 years in a garage and one owner.

and now he don't know what to do realy with the car cause he statr the engine, rebuild the brake and the car wont start again now, i saw the car and it's an electrical issue, cause the ignition is ok but the starter motor don't run.

so the guy who sell me the car is more familiar with the american cars of the 70's.....   so i buy it before someone find this chrysler.

• Like 1

Congratulations for the awesome find, 

Monsieur Adrian!

I like the 1942 C the best of all 40's Mopars, it has clean design, the best looking front end and the coolest brightwork.

The 40's Mopars drive as good as any 50's US car and the flathead engines are reliable as work horse.

Grab it, enjoy it, and keep us posted!

The P15-D24 forum is the best web page for any informatio or advise you possible will ever need.

Welcome to our crowd!

Adrian , nice looking Chrysler. Are you still keeping and working on the '41 dodge club coupe?

Is it a Vacamatic semi-automatic or a 3 speed?

Edited by 1949 Goat

6 hours ago, Adrian41D-19 said:

hello, yes still working on the dodge :) and this chrysler is a vacamatic trans yes :)  this car was available with a standard fluid drive like the dodge?? i thought it was standard on chrysler

If your car has the vacamatic transmission it also has the fluid drive.

Your 1942 is a very rare car as production stopped in January 1942 in the US. 

If it is a Canadian model it surprised me that they were produced as Canada was already involved in the war.

Limited production for essential service I would guess.

Ok :)

the body number is 371 so beguening of production i guess

The car is built at windsor plan, so i don’t know realy what happen at this time but i ready there is only 1713 built of this model

9CFBFBD3-7B0E-4430-8D47-D357DA6C7689.jpeg

B978EA57-9300-4650-B841-0A0CFD51E882.jpeg

Looks like 1293 units   1942 C34W models were made in Canada VIN # 9385101 to 9386394

https://www.allpar.com/old/model-guide/

Edited by 1949 Goat