We and the Windsor 2018

keithb7

On 3/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, keithb7 said:

@knuckleharley I paid about $550 US total for all 4 rims. Worth the investment in my opinion. I feel that the wire wheels bring the class up a notch or two.  They were used of course. Not perfect but just right for my “driver” old car. 

This Chrysler has been very good to me. For every $1 and every hour I put in, is repays me ten-fold in both satisfaction and pleasure. It’s been a great experience for me in my “First Classic Car” venture.

This car has me...Hook-line-and sinker. I look forward to the family cruises this coming season. 

IMNSHO,you got a hell of a bargain on those wheels.  I remember seeing used ones selling for more than that 20 years ago.

As for the rest of it,yeah,that's how you get sucked in. Ask anyone.

• Like 1

For some reason the green paint, and all the white lights.  The happy thoughts. It reminds me of being a kid at Christmas. 

I went for it and tried the new replacement oil pressure gauge line from E-bay. Made in USA quality hose. Seller was out of California. Seems like good quality to me. I’m happy. Will it last another 66 years? Who knows. 

While I had the cluster out I found a bulb had fallen out of the dash. Re-installed and everything is lit up nicely again. 

42200A98-593F-4C7B-B5C3-93C8D593C576.jpeg

• Like 1

Keith.......for what its worth I'd be happy to stare at that pic of your car with the wires taken outside of the garage at any time............its just a beautiful shot...........right angle, colour, chrome shining and whitewalls............. a perfect pic and car.........lol.........thanks, Andy Douglas  

• 2 weeks later...

A friend dropped by yesterday. We both attended my local car club Easter Parade and Shown ‘n Shine.  There were 108 registered cars. Great turn out for our area. Many spectators came to check out all the cars.

a few old Mopars. Maybe 4, I think it was.  

1948 New Yorker. Straight 8. Original paint. We had a great day. 

045DE6EC-2033-4ECA-ADDB-C2648D50386B.jpeg

C088AFA6-D9F9-4A91-9C97-A0B3A5DD9359.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

I was surprised to learn that the New Yorker, parked beside my windsor, was only about 4”-6” longer overall length.  The hood was certainly longer, but the Windsor has a longer trunk. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

I’m feeling spoiled this week as I have a ‘28 Dodge Brothers car in the garage. Keeping my Windsor company. I drove it home, it belongs to my Vintage Car Club. I am setting up the mechanical brakes. They are due for an adjustment. The car pulls to the right when braking. 

You might notice a cool front plate I located for my ‘53.  Michigan 1953. Sort of a birth certificate for the old car. I wanted something other than the dull 1953 plate from my Province. The black and white from Michigan looks great. Plates like this are not often seen around here so it will gather attention. 

71EADA78-9214-4529-985A-67CBC4E1AF6D.jpeg

• Like 2

Looking good!  Love that plate.  So did someone from the car club let you take the Dodge for the brake maintenance?  did they specifically asked you to work on it? Or did you volunteer?

@Worden18 Someone donated the ‘28 Dodge to my local vintage car club. We set up regular work bees to gather help and fix up the car. Various tasks were assigned to members who showed up at the work bees. Depending on the skill level of each member. 

As the project developed I was asked to tackle the brakes. With assistance from another club member, a retired engineer, we did so. The brakes worked well when we were done but needed more tweaking. The car pulled a bit to the right when braking. So I volunteered to work on addressing that. I asked if I could drive the car home from the car event yesterday to work on it. I was given the ok. They laughed when I thanked them. They said, “You’re the brake guy! Who else do you think is going to do this?”  

So here we are. I did some adjusting and testing today. I gained some improvements then I went backwards again. Time to pull a wheel as it appears the shoe on the left front is not concentric to the spindle.  I am going back in there this evening for a look and see if I can learn how to set it up right. 

• Like 1

And just to impress the Kamloops populace.......your 1953 Chrysler Windsor garnered the most text as well beating the A/H by 2 letters......lol........and a much better pic.........well done......BTW..........where is Kamloops?..........lol.............andyd

Edited by Andydodge

Kamloops is just down the hill from Inks Lake.    ( beyond the black stump)

• Like 1

British Columbia, Canada-West coast area of Canada.

Andy if you we looking for a more general area??

DJ

Out for an evening cruise tonite. I hung out in the back seat with my Mother-in-Law. Let my son drive.  His  girlfriend in the centre. My Mrs. on the right. 

The back seat is so comfortable! Lots of leg room, shoulder space and headroom. I will welcome more time in the back. The centre fold down arm rest, so regal. 

A round of ice creme for all. 

B5814360-A6A0-45A4-9478-9E5A2FCFB36A.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 6

I never thought this would happen... As fate would would have it, at a car show yesterday I met the two successive owners of my 1953 Windsor Deluxe!  We all chatted about the car.

We shared what we'd each done to help it along to its current state. It was fun learning about the car's history.  The stars all aligned that day. No two had spoken to each other about attending the show. Yet we were all there. I asked the guys for a quick photo to remember the occasion. 

Left to right: 2 owners before me. He bought the car in Oliver BC.  Brought it to Pritchard BC. Owned it for about 5 years. Middle: Owner previous to me. He bought the car from fellow on far left.  This fellow owned it for about 2 years. He brought the car to Chase BC. Then far right, me. I bought the car 2 years ago from the guy in the middle. I brought the car to Kamloops BC. Everything I have done I pretty much documented it on this forum somewhere, or created YT videos to share with other Mopar owners.

Far left fellow says he misses the Windsor. He shared a little regret in letting it go. Both were happy to see it in good hands, being well cared for.

It was a pretty cool day with my Windsor. 

IMG_4087.jpg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 6

Awesome story!

• Like 1

4FBlr0yF3Cr6qX7JVf8fTR5Qhgg_EgacilUnmYIw

Fresh from the local printer. The 1953 Chrysler/Imperial sales brochure. The full line up with all the details.

I was going to put this up in my garage. However it's too nice so it's going on the wall beside the billiards table inside my home. A great conversation piece.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

This evening our 2 Sons and their ladies came over for dinner. Its so nice to have ‘em all around. My wife and I are so proud of them all. 

After dinner the six of us piled into the Windsor and headed to Dairy Queen. I could sure feel gravity pulling the full car down the hill. Low gear, she wanted to push right  through it. The brakes did just fine. 

After DQ we had to climb back up 1,000 or so feet home. 3rd gear pulled us up fine. Not overly fast mind you. I eased off the throttle slightly and we purred up. 

Cool as cucumbers we were. 3 wide x2. The sun set and cooler air was felt. The girls loved the heat when I turned it on. “Roasty warm” they said. It was wonderful evening out with my family. 

3D9561BA-0D22-48FC-88F5-3F5884C11B7B.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 1:40 AM, keithb7 said:

This evening our 2 Sons and their ladies came over for dinner. Its so nice to have ‘em all around. My wife and I are so proud of them all. 

After dinner the six of us piled into the Windsor and headed to Dairy Queen. I could sure feel gravity pulling the full car down the hill. Low gear, she wanted to push right  through it. The brakes did just fine. 

After DQ we had to climb back up 1,000 or so feet home. 3rd gear pulled us up fine. Not overly fast mind you. I eased off the throttle slightly and we purred up. 

Cool as cucumbers we were. 3 wide x2. The sun set and cooler air was felt. The girls loved the heat when I turned it on. “Roasty warm” they said. It was wonderful evening out with my family. 

3D9561BA-0D22-48FC-88F5-3F5884C11B7B.jpeg

Sounds perfect!  That's what it's all about man.  You're making great memories with your family, and including the Windsor.  Love that pic!  My car needs a full tune-up, oil change, lube, etc.  I need to add one more seatbelt as well ?

• 2 weeks later...

One last parting shot tonight of my extra garage space.  This is the last worthless evening the Windsor will have to spend alone.   A sister car rolls into bay #2 tomorrow. 

C0C05360-4EC8-4FA7-B15F-77AAA4363E41.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Sister-In-Law was visiting last week. When she returned back home to Calgary she started posting pics of her trip, on Facebook. I found these on FB tonight. I like them. She's got an eye for my car!

9BDCFCDC-6703-4A1E-8691-779AF10ADF32.jpeg

DC1AD650-DBAE-4382-8F8B-E5162EAC18CF.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

Wow! Holy smokes. I adjusted the front 2 brakes only so far and test drove.  Huge gains in brake performance. 2 years of screwing around without a tool got me only limited results. Wow...I’m happy. 

• Like 1