Wheel Size

I am starting the disassembly process on the B1B and am trying to figure out if the wheels I have are stock. For some reason I thought I read that 16” wheels were stock. These, however, are 15”. They have a hole cutout for a locating pin that matches the hub, so I have to think they are original. 

Thanks. 

000399C4-28B9-4507-95C1-F4AFFB9737FE.jpeg

87692271-4FF7-4D2D-97F7-8FBD83BCF35A.jpeg

If you have a full set of wheels like the one pictured, you are a lucky guy indeed.

They are 15  and  are either 5 or 5 1/2 inches wide and will allow  a modern radial tire to  fit. They were originally found on some larger Chrysler products in the late 50s? early 60s when a 15 inch wheel was optional HD equipment.  As you have noted they are drilled for the alignment pin and will accept the clips needed to secure the earlier hub caps. Your truck was originally equipped with a 16 x 4 1/2 wheel and used a 6.50 x 16 tire  usually 6 ply.

Edited by dpollo
typo correction

if and when you go to rivet the hub cap clips  on, do so from behind so the flat part of the "pop" rivet is on the back of the wheel, otherwise it will interfere with the brake drum.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, dpollo said:

if and when you go to rivet the hub cap clips  on, do so from behind so the flat part of the "pop" rivet is on the back of the wheel, otherwise it will interfere with the brake drum.

Any idea on a source for the hub cap clips???  A reasonably priced source?  I've seen or heard that VW clips will work? 

Edited by WarriorDog

4 hours ago, WarriorDog said:

Any idea on a source for the hub cap clips???  A reasonably priced source?  I've seen or heard that VW clips will work? 

Way back I posted clips from a chevy vendor that guys were using.